Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roseofsharon71

Help with making a movable island

Well I finally did it. I just bought a triplex & will live in one & rent out the other two-in fact already have my first renter! My contractor, so cool! However I am now joining the growing group of of people living in tiny living spaces-my new home is about 350 sq.ft.
I have designed my kitchen using the honey maple cabinets that were in my son's home, (he is doing a gorgeous remodel, as we speak), so it is a little interesting as I have to use the size boxes that he had as opposed to what sizes I could have used if it were all brand new but it is working-except I need a floating island because I have hardly any counter space or floor space. to be able to open my oven I need to move the island out of the way so...I have a Base 42,
(42W x 24D x 36H) that is the perfect size but my contractor says it will tip if I put casters on it, that it has to be 36 deep. That is too big! I know you can buy them ready made that size-24" deep-.

Does anyone have any knowledge that will help me be able to use this size? I am just not ready to give up on it yet. Thanks, help! Don't know how to do pictures, sorry.

Comments (2)