0

Outdoor blinds for screen porch

dixiedog_2007
April 27, 2010

I am hoping that someone can help me with finding some decent outdoor blinds for our screen porch. I'm in VA and we get the south sun from 1:00 p.m. until the sun goes down. It gets pretty hot during the summer months.

At any rate, I can't find a darn place in VA that carries bamboo type shades except for Lowe's which appear to be not very good quality. On top of that they are only sold in three sizes and I would have to have them specially cut them which the clerk told me would at least triple the price.

Depending on how they would have to be installed, it appears that the best route for us to go would be to have each eight individual sections of the porch have its own blind.

Does anyone have any place that they could recommend for blinds that are not outrageous in price or another solution that I could use.

This is a country style deck so I'm not wanting drapes or anything along those lines.

Thank you for your help.

• dixiedog_2007

Edit: This is a country style screen porch not deck.

• natal

We had the same problem. Bought bamboo shades at Home Depot. I think the brand is Designview. They're available in different sizes, but the stores don't carry all of them. You can special order.

• dixiedog_2007

Thank you! I did not look at Home Depot but will now. Those are exactly what I am looking for and your porch looks almost identical to ours except for the ceiling. Ours is 12x30 and with that sun - it can be awful in summer!

Thank you for your help.

• justgotabme

Next time you replace the screen I'd recommend using Solar Screen. It's blocks 90% of the suns rays. Love it. We have in on all our windows and our screened in porch. The grasshoppers don't like it either which makes it all the more wonderful to us.

• amysrq

I just ordered from Top Blinds through Amazon. They have tons of sizes, in small increments, and the quality seems good. I ordered samples through their website first and then placed the order through Amazon. I haven't put it up yet so I can say much about the mechanism, but the construction seems fine.

• natal

Dixie, check your email.