remodelzombie_gw

Reviews on their Omega custom cabinets anyone?

remodelzombie

I'm looking at purchasing omega custom cabinets. A year ago consumer reports gave them an excellent review. Any reviews would be appreciated...

• Nakian13

Run very fast away from Omega/Dynasty cabinets. We ordered them because we saw them at a local lumber company. I banged on everything wanting all wood construction. I gave the designer at the lumber yard my measurements and he designed the kitchen and he used one 39" cabinet. We ordered all wood construction. Did you know Dynasty now comes in a particle board construction? Yeah, I didn't either, thought they were a quality company. Our lumber guy must have down graded our cabinets cus these aren't the quality that were in the show room. Wejust moved in. We have 3 boxes of crackers on a shelf and it is bowing already. First we ordered all wood and thanks to the crooks at Omega, the dealers can charge you all wood prices and then send you particle board construction. Now who would think that even an unquality cabinet company would build a 39" cabinet without re-enforcement behind the style. If I could do it over with, I would go with the all wood Chineese cabinet. At least you are getting what you paid for. My cabinets were red birch and supposidly only came in the top of the line cabinets but I have box store quality cabinets for 3 times the price. Shame on you Omega/Dynasty cabinets. Wish I had a way to upload a picture of the junk cabinets. If you decide to go with them get it in writing that no particle board will be used. My dealer said I can get plywood shelving for $69 a shelf, there are 5 of them in that 39 inch cabinet and considering I paid for all wood construction, they should one be sending me the shelves and two, the cabinet should be re-enforced in the middle behind the style. Get your cabinets off the box store shelves, they will be better constructed than these. They may have ripped me off but I will be doing plenty of advertising for them and I can assure you, it will be more than $69 a shelf worth.

• ccoleridge

We remodeled our kitchen 3 years ago with Omega cabinets in painted wood. They did not hold up. The paint chipped within the first 6 months and by now it looks like a 20 year old kitchen. So sad and it wasn't cheap, the company does not stand behind its products so be careful!!

We are looking to build and we have been told high end Kraftmaid cabinets are "as good as custom." Agree?

Sherry I wouldn't be surprised if you do have problems with the new Kraftmaid products. Either the problem kitchens are hit or miss or very recently their quality control has become nonexistent. We have had too many problems to go into, but overall First set of cabinets delivered Aug 9. We ended up sending back all dove white cabinets, the majority of kitchen . Replacement set delivered Oct 13 and oct 30. We still aren't complete because we are waiting on a piece to be replaced, which they have gotten wrong 3 times and it must be installed prior to granite. Too many issues with the finished product of glazed items. Also issues with the paint coverage too thin. Inspect all your stuff carefully when it comes in before install and if there are issues make sure to get a Kraftmaid rep come out to see them. We originally ordered dove white with cocoa glaze and replaced all those with canvas with cocoa glaze. Have also had some color issues with cherry stained Saddle cabinets.

Fabuwood cabinets - reviews

Hi, everyone. I have a fabuwood question of my own. In the middle of a kitchen renovation. Cabinets installed. Several parts were sent back and replaced. Large cabinets had splintering on the back where screws/nails were put in, but we were told insignificant and nonstructural. Just inspected the one open cabinet we have in our plan. Already installed. Noticed several of the shelf peg holes were chipped or splintered. Here is an example. Dealer told us we should put 1/2 inch piece with similar finish on each side and redrill peg holes, or replace the unit. Replacing is doable, but would require taking down molding in that area, and would delay the timeline. Take a look at photo example of one of the pegholes. Would you 1) accept and touch up, 2) take the dealer up on a solution with coverage with new pieces of wood, 3) replace the cabinet. We are leaning 3 but want to make sure we are not being silly. This is the one area of the cabinets exposed, and it stinks to have this as the finished product.

Comparing custom cabinet companies?

Add one to the list: Jay Rambo Cabinetry. Every bit as good as some of those listed if not better! Check them out here: jayrambo.com We have been a dealer for five years now. 100% support with anything we have ever needed. Great company with great people and great products. (Side note - they, nor I, do not believe in "baking on" the finish. I went to a Sherwin Williams seminar once where they said that after applying paint, there are products in the paint that are drawn toward the air to develop durability and sheen, while others are drawn toward the wood to increase the bond. So in essence, the particles are moving in the paint while it is drying. Baking to speed up this process stops it in it's tracks. Why bake? So you can put it in a cardboard box sooner.

Brookhaven Or Omega Dynasty cabinets

If you are replacing your cabinets, you should probably consider getting a CKD (certified kitchen designer). They know the best cabinets, which ones have trouble, etc. They can also tell you the best GC (general contractor). Here is discussion on brookhaven... http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2431401/do-you-own-brookhaven-cabinets Here is discussion on Omega Dynasty.. http://kitchencabinetsreviews.com/reviews/75-omega-cabinetry.html http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2557497/reviews-on-their-omega-custom-cabinets-anyone
  • digiweb

The seal (the paint) is so thin that the slightest water creates bubbles under the paint.

Worse, we bought MAPLE but we got MDF. My contractor says the MDF cannot be refaced. If they were maple cabinets he could reface them, but the MDF is just sawdust.

I have the receipts, they all say MAPLE.

I've gotten the runaround for months from Omega Cabinets. Their warranty representive says delusional things like "your hand going in and out of the tilt out created the damage to the base cabinets."

They'll replace the defective pieces, with other defective pieces.

Even one of the drawerfronts they replaced arrived already worn down to the sawdust layer underneath.

Here is a link that might be useful: [My Kitchen is Deteriorating: Omega Cabinets Firsthand Account (Reviews)[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/my-kitchen-is-deteriorating-dsvw-vd~217193)

• Greatconsumer

My âÂÂLovelyâ Omega Cabinets
    Well what has come is beautiful but therein lays the problem. We have been missing a piece, a decorative column to be exact, that Omega has been aware of since the 6th of June. We were told that it was remade and would ship out on June 16th; next we were told that they found the original missing one a loading dock and it would be shipped out, we have been given incorrect tracking numbers and finally today, June the 28th, we received the missing piece from Fedex and guess what, itâÂÂs damaged! The Fedex tracking information shows that they only shipped out YESTERDAY. On top of that, they addressed to 305, that number doesnâÂÂt exist isnâÂÂt on this street. Our house number is 395. So I had to take time out of my Saturday (while all of their employees are home relaxing with their families) to figure out where exactly Fedex delivered it. Then I had to go retrieve it from the incorrect address that it was left at. But beyond all of that and most importantly, IT IS DAMAGED! In 5 different places! The box doesnâÂÂt show any damage so it may even have been shipped in this damaged condition, although there certainly was no attempt made at protecting this piece, just shoved it in a cardboard box and sent it on tiâÂÂs merry way. No foam or bubble wrap was even used. Who does this with a beautiful piece of cherry?

Since custom trim, stone work and paint all butt up to it this missing part, it has set our whole basement finish back over 4 weeks. It is costing us and all of our trades time as well as money (our trim carpenter has had to move his trailer load of equipment out twice now because of not having this piece). But what does Omega Cabinet Company care, they have their check.

We paid over $30,000.00 for this product and to treat us, the customer, with such disregard and disrespect is abhorrent and unacceptable. A truly quality company would never treat a customer like Omega Cabinets has us. I would think twice about using Omega Cabinet Company again.

• MBCI_ConsumerCare

My name is Julie and I am a Consumer Care Specialist with MasterBrand Cabinets, the parent company for Omega. We apologize for the frustration that you have experienced with your cabinetry.
    Please email me at ConsumerCare@masterbrandcabinets.com with your contact information so we can look into your situation further and make sure the appropriate steps are being taken to resolve your issue. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we look forward to receiving your email.

• terrysprankle

I cannot believe the reviews I am reading!!! I am looking to replace my omega dynasty cabinet doors and drawers. I purchased my cabinets a little over 10 years ago from a lumber store that is out of business. The cabinet doors and drawers started to bubble on top and I thought no problem we can refinish them. That's when I found out it was mdf! A master brand rep came to our house to look at the cabinets and told me the warranty has been updated and we are no longer under warranty? Really? He blamed the mistake on the lumber store rep. I still have my original receipts stating I purchased maple wood cabinets with white paint. After reading these reviews I can see omega dynasty is a very dishonest company that' does not stand behind their product! Btw this is the first review I have ever written, shame on them!!!

• 1929Spanish-GW

I'm about to go through the warranty process with them and will update on my experience. They were immediately responsive and right now the onus is on me. I have to create a package of info and photos as soon as we're back to normal from the holidays.

• Stan B

terrysprankle, sorry to hear about this. Are these slab doors? Painted slab doors are often done only in MDF to avoid cracks caused by expansion of joints. The lumber yard should have told you that.

MBCI_ConsumerCare

terrysprankle,

My name is Julie and I am a Consumer Care Specialist with MasterBrand Cabinets, the parent company for Omega. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please email us directly at ConsumerCare@masterbrand.com so that we can look into your situation further.

• nauna

Interesting that this blog started in 2009 and now it is 2017. Dissatisfaction with Omega continues. I wonder when/why things went wrong? We built our home in 1989, using oak Omega in our kitchen and 3 bathrooms. All are still in great shape!! Although the appearance of the oak no longer pleases me, such reviews are what have kept me from gutting and redoing my kitchen. The cabinets, drawers, etc. are in great condition, sturdy and held up very well. With all the hullabaloo about Omega, I've decided to update the appliances and have the cabinets professionally painted. I'll happily use them for several more years and avoid the heartburn with Omega. I'll put those saved thousands of dollars on replacement cabinetry to travel instead.

• 1929Spanish-GW

I still don't have an update on my experience. I'm about a month out from first providing requested information. Again, I'll post a full "share" with a final answer.

• Buehl

I love my Omega! I have a mixture of Custom and Dynasty.

Don't mix up the two...you need to look at what doors you're ordering. They have several lines, not just Custom (now called Pinnacle). The less expensive lines won't necessarily use the same materials as the Pinnacle/Custom line.

Also, missing finishes, etc., are usually the Kitchen Designer's/Cabinet Salespeople's fault - that's what they ordered!

Finally, I don't know of any cabinet line that has a bullet-proof paint - all paint will eventually chip and, depending on the material & style of door, crack in the corners (especially if you have solid wood - due to contracting and expanding). Do your research on painted cabinets b/f committing to them! [This is one of the reasons I did not get painted cabinets - plus I really like the look of wood, not paint, for cabinets.]

My experience is that they have awesome customer service. We had an issue with our KD mis-ordering extra shelves in the wrong sizes over and over and then refusing to fix their 3rd mistake. I finally called Omega and they told me not to worry about it, that they'd send me the shelves directly, and that they'd deal with the KD - problem solved! The shelves arrived 2 or 3 weeks later and were a perfect fit!

• dav200

Does Omega kitchen cabinets have a “watermark” Omega stamp on them? I purchase $20,000+ of Omega kitchen cabinets and there is no identification mark on them - except the hinges. Anyone can use Omega hinges. This worries me. I also asked my Omega representative for a copy of my purchase order he provided to Masterbrand. He declined my request. My maple Pearl cabinets are two different color tints. My cabinets drawer- some are like new with a whitish maple other are bright orange like an old maple. My kitchen cabinets molding is uneven off by as much as 3 inches. I was told by Kitchen Etc. the uneven molding is due to my kitchen sofic. Did they forget to measure my sofic? I am currently living in an apartment while my house is being remodeled. My apartment maple cabinets install is much better. Doors and molding are even. My total kitchen is costing me 60,000. with most work done by K-ETC. I would like to see a copy of my K- Ect. purchase order for my cabinets to Masterbrand. That is the only way I can tell if what I order and paid for is what I got. Also, could my Pearl paint be off due to my cabinets not being all wood?

MBCI_ConsumerCare

dav200,

Thank you for contacting Omega with your question. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your situation. Please email our Consumer Care Team at ConsumerCare@masterbrand.com with your contact information so we can further research your issue. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and look forward to receiving your email.

A Direct Cabinet Distributor Corp

Hello! we are a wholesale kitchen & bath dealer who sell Dynasty, Omega/Pinnacle and Kemper Cabinets. (all of which are lines of Masterbrand). As a K&B dealer, we find Masterbrand's customer service to be top notch. Not only that, but they have a fantastic warranty, and stand behind it. If you have any specific questions, at all, let me know!

• dav200

I'm curious -The Omega brand cabinets at the store had Omega stamped on the inside drawers. My new Omega cabinets have no such stamp (marking) on it. How does one identify their cabinets as Omega when there is no Omega stamp on any of the cabinets or doors? Is this a common practice of Masterbrand?

• dav200

I recently replaced my Thermatrue Fench doors. Though my door hinges stated Thermatrue, Thermatrue would not cover my warranty unless my doors had a watermark on the glass/ identification on the wood. I was told by Thermatrue that anyone could place Thermatrue hinges on their door. Anyone could place Omega hinges on their cabinet doors. The hinges don't make the cabinet Omega. NOt one of my doors or drawers states OMEGA on it. This is not good!

• dav200

The only identifying mark on my brand new Omega cabinets is Omega on the hinges. If I replace my hinges with Wood-Mode would I then have Wood-Mode cabinets.

A Direct Cabinet Distributor Corp

@dav200- Dynasty & Omega (which is now referred to as Pinnacle) are two cabinet companies that are located physically next to each other. They will work together to complete a kitchen order. This gives designers/homeowners the choice to only have select cabinets within the job custom made (omega/pinnacle), and the rest of the kitchen in Dynasty (semi custom). Doing so, keeps the price down and the lead time shorter. The two plants will manufacturer their portion of the full order. The two "partial" orders will then be combined & shipped as one complete job.

- Dynasty does not label their drawer boxes.

- Omega/Pinnacle custom cabinets will have the omega logo on the top drawer box only & on the hinge caps.

Based on this, I would say the cabinets within your kitchen that had to be custom made by Omega/Pinnacle are wall cabinets, or cabinets without drawers. And the base cabinets within your kitchen are most likely Dynasty. I hope this answers your question.

**Also, if you are having issues with your hinges, I'd reach out to your Omega dealer and see if it is covered under warranty.

• dav200

I purchased- Omega's Dynasty Cabinets. The hinges are fine. Once again, none of the wood in my drawers or cabinets are stamped with the MasterBrand, Omega or Dynasty label. A Brand Name Label (Logo) stamped on the wood of the cabinets protects the consumers from counterfeits. Also, I paid 20,000. for 50 linear feet of Dynasty cabinets. When I requested a copy of my cabinet work order from K-ETC. I was denied a copy of it. The work order lets me know that I got what I paid for and if I was overcharged. I will begin uploading pics tomorrow.

• dav200

Hinges with Omega on them don't protect the consumer from counterfeits and subpar workmanship. Hinges can be easily removed or placed on look-alike cabinets.

A Direct Cabinet Distributor Corp

@dav200- I just told you why your cabinet boxes are not stamped. Dynasty DOES NOT mark them. Only the Omega cabinets with drawers in your kitchen will have the stamp (but it sounds like you don't have any of those). All other Omega cabinets (cabinets that only have DOORS) will have markings on the hinge caps.

As far as paperwork goes, you'd have to contact the dealer from where you purchased. No one else can give you that information, but them. I'm surprised you signed a contract/invoice without it stating exactly what you were getting . Some dealers will be more thorough/transparent than others. Every company has their own process. If revisions need to be made to make the customer feel secure, it is up to the customer to express those changes/demands. We wish you the best of luck!

• ettieco

I put in omega mdf cabinets three years ago and paid a very nice amount for a “quality, durable cabinet.” They warped, bubbled, wore away, chipped, etc., within 6 months! They look shocking.

When I contacted the omega rep it was practically impossible to have anyone respond, let alone rectify the situation. They pretend to have a lifetime warranty but good luck with that!

I will sue them until I get what I‘m owed.

If any good comes from this waste of time and energy it is this: stay far away from Omega and from any cabinet rep who pushes Omega. You will pay dearly in the long run (if you consider 6+ months long anyway).

Please trust the negative Omega reviews you read - if only I’d done my due diligence. My friends Ikea cabinets are much better quality at a fraction of the price. In the case of Omega, you do not get what you pay for.

MBCI_ConsumerCare

ettieco,

We apologize for the frustration you experienced with your situation. Please email us at ConsumerCare@masterbrand.com with your contact information so we can better understand your situation. Your concerns are very important to us and we look forward to your response. Thank you.

• nauna

"frustration", that's way more than a frustration!!! Omega cabinetry seems to have fallen off the chart on quality. I have Omega cabinets that are going on 27 years old and in great shape. I'm presently updating my kitchen but with all the negative reviews of the present quality of the product, not even considering Omega.

• wjohnlv

This company has problems with consistency of quality. We are near completing a bathroom remodeling project. We installed Omega cabinetry for the vanity using solid oak. They are very nice, but still brand new.

Problems started when the designer ordered some oak stock with the same finish and radiusing to use to make some custom mirror frames. It has taken 3 months to deliver a couple of pieces of wood. The finish and color match is excellent. But the pieces show scorch marks from the router, chatter marks from the bit, inconsistent radius where the piece was pulled away from the bit and then restarted, and a different edge radius between the two pieces. The pieces appear not to have been sanded before applying the finish, thereby locking in the scorch marks and chatter marks. Its almost as if the milling was done by an amateur in a garage. This is after rejecting the first pieces sent for poor milling. We have given up on Omega's ability to deliver on anything but cabinetry. We are going to the local lumbar yard to pick out lumber and mill and finish it ourselves. They make what appears to be nice cabinetry, but don't expect quality in anything else.

Kitchens Plus

A lot of the above issues are dealer inadequecies in not being truthful with the client. Wrong cabinet sizes are the dealer's fault, not Omega's. Any replacement parts or pieces that take months or even weeks to get are because your dealer lied to you and didn't order them when they said they did. We have been selling Omega for 20 years and have not had one finish or contruction problem in all that time. They have an Express Response program for missing parts or damaged pieces. Turnaround is less than two weeks. Yes, their opaque finishes are a high density particle board. That is because it is a more stable product and you can eliminate potential issues with hairline separation joints that are more visible with a painted finish on maple. The frames of the cabinets are still solid maple. Again this is the fault of the dealer for not properly educating their clients or out right deceiving them. Their finishes are amazing and again we have had absolutely no issues with them. Customer services is wonderful and they are quick to address any issues with a damaged part.

• patvirgetsjohnson
    last year

OMG! I am a designer. I have purchased house after house of cabinets both custom made as well as semicustom such as Omega. I would NEVER BUY OMEGA CABINETS again .... not for a tent , I wouldn’t give them away for free better yet install them for a client. The quality is TERRIBLE but the customer service is even worse if that is possible. The kitchen I was working on is an over a million dollar home in Hawaii. The company made everything take as long as possible, made delivery as hard as possible and when cabinets arrived incorrectly built and incorrectly sized and falling apart literally..... They wanted to charge me to send replacements. Please do yourself a favor and look at Belmont if you need semicustom cabinets. Though-the price is actually a little less, the quality is much better and the customer service is excellent should you have an issue.

MBCI_ConsumerCare
    last year

patvirgetsjohnson,

We strive to provide our partners with best in class service and
    support and apologize for your experience with Omega Cabinetry. Please email us at ConsumerCare@masterbrand.com for assistance with your situation. Your satisfaction is very important to us. Thank you.

• nauna
    last year

Sounds like too little too late from Omega for patvirgetsjohnson!! This consumer hears her loud and clear on Houzz.

• Buehl
    last year
    last modified: last year

In my experience, their customer service is outstanding -- but then I dealt with them as a consumer when my KD & KD's company kept messing up our order -- a very simple order of extra shelves! They mis-ordered THREE times and then said they weren't going to try again and that I would not get my money back. (Actually, they lost one order and messed up two.)

Omega's CS told me not worry about it and sent me the shelves I had ordered -- and they were right the first time! They also said they'd deal with the KD & her company personally regarding any costs - I never had to pay an extra cost (I had already paid for the shelves, just hadn't received the correct ones yet).

• D Kay
    last year

I highly recommend you find another manufacturer. we have just had or cabinets installed in feb/march 2020 by Bray and Scarff. they are Destin cabinets painted elemental white. we were told it is 100% wood including the raised panels. The cabinets are cipping multiple places. They have multiple dents from the install so the quality is poor in my opinion. Whats worse is the chips on the center raised panels look like it is mdf. I had Yorktowne cabinets for 24 years that looked better when they left than the brand new cabinets just installed. And the topper for these cabinets is we paid 20k for 17 cabinets. You can simply do better.

MBCI_ConsumerCare
    last year

D Kay,

We apologize for the frustration you experienced with your Omega cabinets. We stand by the quality of our products and our lifetime limited warranty. We will replace any cabinet parts that do not meet our quality standards. For assistance, please send your contact information to ConsumerCare@masterbrand.com. Your concern is very important to us. Thank you.

last year

i have them and after 4 years my white kitchen is chipping and paint is pealing off. the rep has been of no help . would advise not to buy omega at all.

MBCI_ConsumerCare
    last year

HU-755643382,

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with the finish of your Omega cabinetry, please email our Consumer Care Team at ConsumerCare@masterbrand.com with more information so we can further investigate your concern. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

last year

Is this direct contact for omega ?

MBCI_ConsumerCare
    last year

HU-755643382,

Yes, the Omega Consumer Care Team. Thank you.

• JuneKnow
    last year

Wrong sized cabinets are always the designer’s fault for not ordering correctly. Delayed replacements are always the designers fault for not ordering a rush and paying the extra for shipping a rush. Custom cabinets are complicated. Many inexperienced designers simply don’t understand the nomenclature or options well enough to be designing in Omega. That is not Omega’s issue. That is the local cabinet company’s issue.

• amczado

Absolutely the worst cabinet and customer service. We purchased a home with the kitchen 80% complete, so we had to go with what was chosen. We have been in the home for 4 years, 2 years ago I noticed our cabinets around the sink were bubbling around the edges. I reached out to the company who told me to go to the dealer who installed them. The dealer and a rep from OMega came out and told me it was water damage and normal wear and tear on wood cabinets. Painted cabinets should be “treated like furniture”, so the cabinet that holds the sink can not get wet. They said I needed to wipe down the cabinets every time someone used the sink so the water wouldn’t stay and bubble the cabinet. That this “always happens with painted cabinets”, to which I said this has never happened with any painted cabinets I have owned. I now have a slight whole in the middle of a door that is nowhere near the sink as well. The trash cabinet door is also chipping. I have recently realized the cabinets are MDF not solid wood, hence the bubbling. When you try to contact the company they tell you to talk the the dealer. The company made the cabinet, they should stand behind them but they seem to pass it off on the dealers. We spent $$$$$$ on this kitchen and it looks terrible 4 years later.

MBCI_ConsumerCare

amczado,

We apologize for the frustration you have experienced with your cabinetry. Thank you for the history regarding your situation. Please email us directly at ConsumerCare@masterbrand.com so that we can further research your concerns. Thank you.

• oatstogo

I must thank all of you for the reviews of Omega cabinets. I was about to spend well over 100k for an entire new house with Omega everywhere I needed cabinets. I went to see these at my local dealer and was surprised at how terrible the display looked. Thank goodness I discovered these issues before purchase. I have struggled to find true quality outside of custom cabinets. I was directed toward Wood-mode from the local dealer due to better finishes.

• Dr. Fini

Chose Omega from studio 41 because I wanted solid wood cabinets. They had walnut cabinets and a good selection of door styles. Spent $25,000 for Dynasty. The backs are nearly paper, the sides are about 2 layers of plywood with a thin walnut veneer. The cabinet box is held together by a thin strip of wood in the corners that is nail gunned in with too short brads. The frames are falling off already. Seems like some screws are missing from the kreg joints. The stain interior on a lot of the cabinets was poorly prepped so the walls are rough and color is not consistent.

Just horrible the rip off in cabinets. This is why there is no where on their website any info on cabinet construction. NOWHERE! This needs to be a class action suit. I bought this during the pandemic and during a nightmare rehab with Chi Renovation. Everything about 2020 has been traumatic and cost me so much money while I made so little money.

The cabinet back is falling off. You can see the unstained wood present in the corners. I would think that they factory sprayed cabinets panels prior to assembly. Looks like they hand stain and hand paint cabinets.

I have seen better pressed board cabinets for $40.00.

Omega came out today and assessed cabinets. Of course they blamed contractor. I do agree that Chi Renovation had no clue on anything, yet alone installing kitchen cabinets. Chi Renovation is very drill happy for no reason. But a few screws and oddly placed shims should not tear all walls of a cabinet apart. How can you sell $25,000 worth of cabinets that are put together with 3 and 6 mm plywood walls and glue and expect it to be quality work?

Omega is sending out a cabinet repair company to touch up the cabinets and they will check to see if they can re-approximate the paper thin plywood walls and re-glue them together. I am so sad I purchased these. Visually they are very nice, but that’s all I can compliment.

• nauna

It's a horrible shame how Omega has lost their integrity!!! Were they purchased by another company? We built our home in 1989 with Omega cabinets in 3 bathrooms & kitchen. They still are in perfect condition! I updated our kitchen from the oak cabinets and am doing the same in the master bath but after reading the deplorable quality currently with Omega, no way did I replace them with what now sells as Omega. Shameful. Thank you to Houzz for educating the consumer on Omega's poor quality & service.

MBCI_ConsumerCare

Dr. Fini,

We are sorry to hear about your disappointing experience with your Omega Cabinets. We take product quality very seriously and strive for continuous improvement. We stand by the quality of our products and our lifetime limited warranty. We will replace any cabinets or parts that are defective. We encourage you to continue working with your dealer to reorder any replacement cabinets or parts. If you need any additional warranty assistance, please contact our Consumer Care Team directly at consumercare@masterbrand.com. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

• Dr. Fini

Ok, these cabinet walls are literally popping off. They reduced already thin 3 ply walls down to 1ply to notch in the back panel. I am not even sure why, because there is nothing holding these on. There are no finished footings on the cabinets, just unfinished ends scratching up my floor and causing the walnut veneer to crack off. I was removing the screws that the stupid installers put in to hold the cabinets together and the back cabinet literally popped off as soon as the screw was removed. One cabinet side on my 2 drawer base cabinet was about 4 mm shorter than the other side. They should be embarrassed. Not only for selling products like this, but selling 12 cabinets for $25,000. I have never seen such a subpar pre-assembled wood cabinet.

• Luis Jugo

We are doing a major renovation in our house and Omega Cabinets is putting the entire project at risk (our contractor might not be able to support). We already started and now will likely be without a kitchen for 6 months.

Seriously disappointed with Omega Cabinets and their customer service. We ordered our cabinets (expected already a delayed 16-18 week delivery timeline) and they keep changing the delivery date. Initially pushing 4 weeks (no notification) and now 4 additional weeks, expecting now 26 weeks since the order date and they are NOT committing to delivery date. Their responses to our inquiries have been minimal and attribute to an internal design issue.

This issue should not be transferred down to the customer and to make matters worst they have been unresponsive to our/kitchen designer requests.

We had assumed delays in the project given the supply chain constraints, but this is frankly unacceptable. Simply taking advantage of people. This is costing extra money.

We are going to seek reparations with our lawyer.

This is unacceptable behavior towards the consumer. We had better hopes.

@MBCI_ConsumerCare

• Dr. Fini

Well we ordered ours at pandemic start and they came in a timely fashion. One cabinet looked good on cursory inspection. We had them in storage for months due to incompetent contractor, Chi Renovation. When they installed them 6 months later, the contractor installed them without shims and they fell apart. They are so poorly constructed.

I cant comment on delays in delivery, but when you do get them, please inspect every joint, every inside wood stain and how it feels (rough or smooth). Look at how the doors and drawers line up and how each side panel is cut. The side panels are unfinished at the bottom, scratch your floors and are uneven. Look at back panel and see if it is flush with the side walls or uneven. Make sure all parts you ordered are present. Good Luck. Report to government agencies first, BBB, attorney General, news, your credit card company.

MBCI_ConsumerCare

@Luis Jugo,

We apologize for the frustration and delays you are experiencing with your Omega cabinet order, as your satisfaction is very important to us. We strive to continuously work to improve our estimated delivery date communication. It’s our understanding that our Omega Customer Service Team has contacted your dealer/designer with the latest information concerning your order. If you have further questions, please contact our Consumer Care Team at ConsumerCare@masterbrand.com. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Kitchens Plus

Dr Fini Speaking as a kitchen designer with 35 years of experience, I can tell you that NO floor is completely level. And no cabinet has finish sides on the bottom. If your floor is scratched, it is from your idiot installers. I have been selling Omega for 20 years with absolutely no issues. I just personally put the Renner door in Beach House white in my own kitchen. You sound like a nightmare client