Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amyls64

are those cork floors? I love them. Can yu tell me the color?

amyls64
11 years ago
Dark and Light Kitchen · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    User
    11 years ago
    Yes, those are cork floors. They are specified as 'Pyramid Creme' coming from APC under 'More Info' with the photo. This client knew from day one that she wanted to use cork on the floor and all the other material selections were made to compliment the cork floor. We literally designed this kitchen from the floor up! :-)
  • sherrismith0
    11 years ago
    How about the durability of the cork floor? How does it hold up in high traffic areas especially with kids and a dog. I love the look but am nervous that it will nick or wear badly. Have you heard from this client since the install?
  • PRO
    User
    10 years ago
    Wow, Sherri! For some reason I never got notified of your follow up question but just saw it in passing now. Here's the answer. Hope it's not too late. ;-)

The cork floor is VERY durable once it has its finish or top coats properly applied. If you use it before applying the top coats, it is very easy to damage. I had a very similar cork floor in my last kitchen and it was great not only for durability but also for hiding dirt due to the natural grain of the cork.

I have recently spoken with client as well and they still love everything about this kitchen including the floor.

Install and treat the cork floor properly from the start and it will serve you for a very long time.
Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living