Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaleinani_gw

Pictures of Repaired Popcorn Ceiling

kaleinani
16 years ago

My DH fell through the ceiling while insulating the attic. Of course we have awful popcorn ceilings. Just wanted to share the pictures of the repair I did. I used Homax Popcorn Ceiling Texture. If the Homax did not work, I was going to take down the texture, and was not looking forward to that job. The repair size was 48"X48". I hate drywall dust....LOL The picture with the big dark spot is the wet spray texture. The next picture is the spray texture dried.

Comments (8)

• geoff
    16 years ago

Bravo! That is an excellent repair job. None better. I'd hired pro's to do such in my former house as I couldn't get the result you got on my own.

I stuck my foot through the ceiling in my current house some years ago. Busted my butt good but I recovered after a week or so. Hope your guy is OK.

• kaleinani
    Original Author
    16 years ago

DH stuck his foot through the closet in the other guest room, and got quite a bruise on his behind!! When he did this great big hole, he did not even hurt himself. He is fine, but his days in the attic are over...hahaha

• big_al_41
    16 years ago

Was that a spray on or roll on?? and how many coats.

Thanks
    Bigal

• kaleinani
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Bigal-It was a spray by Homax called Popcorn Ceiling Repair Spray. Just spray until you think it looks good. It goes on darker, but like drywall mud, it lightens when dried. It is a little difficult to apply because it is under really high pressure, and if you use it be sure to plastic walls and floors. I made a plastic box around the area using push pins to hold up the plastic to the ceiling where there were no walls. Always read the instructions on the can, because they can be invaluable. Have to use really short bursts of the spray. Be sure you get enough cans, and even more than you think. You can always return what you don't use. DH said we bought all the Homax spray in the Charleston, SC area. He didn't complain, can you guess why? LOL.

• saskatchewan_girl
    16 years ago

You did a GREAT job!!! We took all of ours off and hired someone to put up spantex! Wish we would've tried what you did and save ourselves $1000.
    Pat yourself on the back....job well done.

• breenthumb
    16 years ago

Those pictures look like the "how to" adds and great results they say they get and we usually don't. Wonderful job. You should be really pround of yourselves. Sandy

• ronaldmonaghn_comcast_net
    12 years ago

I repaired a popcorn ceiling. I scraped off the loose area, taped and floated the bad seam. Added paint to the popcorn and hopped the area. Then I sprayed the whole ceiling with flat white latex paint. The repair was bright white but the rest of the ceiling is a slightly darker color? How do I fix This?
    Ron

• cheerpeople
    12 years ago

I had a pro do an area on mine ( actually a pro painter but he said he could do this spot) anyway, your job looks better than my pro painter's job!