0

Golden Wave or Lapidus granite advice and installed pictures

caryclan2

Looking for pics of Golden Wave or Lapidus granite installed. We are in the middle of our remodel and I am second guessing ALL of my decisions. We are going for a tuscan look and have beautiful cherry wood cabinets, I am having them stained with a warm carmel apple color with a glaze. I have picked out

a beautiful warm dark gold dust mahogony wood floor and while walking through the granite yard I am drawn to the Golden Wave or Lapidus grantie.

I strolled through two places and picked the same granite out at both places...the man told me they were the same item, just went by different names at each store. So....my problem is I am worried about all the movement in the granite.....I am drawn to the warm colors and the beauty of the granite but I am worried that it might be to busy when installed. Is there another granite that has the warm yellows with a more cohesive over all appearance? I would love to see your installed pics if anyone has this granite. Thanks everyone! I love this site and have learned soooo much!!!!

• chris45ny

I have golden lapidus granite. I love it-so exotic/dramatic-tons of sparkly mica bits like tiny diamonds. Doesn't show dirt, etc. so I wipe it down daily just to be sure. Method granite cleaner makes it shine. Have oak cabinets, stained provincial which is a medium brown. Stainless appliances. Tile floor is matched to one of the cream/beige colors in the granite. This granite is so rich looking with all the warm, earthy colors-very Tuscan. Backsplash on stove wall will be Fire and Ice. Here's a not very good picture. HTH.

• riverspots

I have older cherry cabinets with Solarius granite-which is similiar to Lapidus but a little lighter. Looks great together-even the installers commented on the combination.

• boxerpups

Caryclan2,

How are you doing? I know you were second guessing on Tue.
    I hope things are going better.

I wanted to tell you that movement in a Tuscan style is
    perfect. I think the goldenwave will be the best but both
    are going to be beautiful.

Here is a tuscan style kitchen with golden wave granite.

This is not exactly what you describe for cabinet
    colors but look at all the MOVEMENT... Truly a good
    tuscan style with the warm caramel apple you describe
    needs layers of movement and colors. You are going to
    make a gorgeous space.

A few more tuscan style kitchens that might show you
    your ideas are going to be pretty.