Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
summersucks_gw

blanco alta faucet water pressure issue - can anyone weigh in?

summersucks
12 years ago

so we got our faucet in a couple of weeks ago. The other day I noticed the water flow wasn't as strong as it was when it first went in. The dishwasher was running so I didn't think too much of it. But it's still like that, whether anything else is running or not. What could this be? Where do you think the problem is? Does it sound like my faucet's malfunctioning? Should I call a plumber or is there anything I can do myself to figure this out?

Thanks so much, I know nothing about this sort of thing at all.

Comments (15)

• davidro1
    12 years ago

there may be a grain of sand or grit stopping flow. if you can unscrew the aerator, you can look there.

• summersucks
    Original Author
    12 years ago

um. what is an aerator? lol, off to google. thanks davidro!

• davidro1
    12 years ago

The place where water comes out (a round thingie) has a screen in it which causes the water stream to mix with room air. This mixing with air is "aeration" and the screen that causes aeration is "an aerator". It's really simple.

You can email Blanco about this flow reduction too, and you can mention that you looked behind the aerator.

There could be some grit inside another part. The cartridge mixes water.

• summersucks
    Original Author
    12 years ago

ok, thank you, I googled, wikipedia came through. I'll check it out. Curious, how would that happen? I mean I've only had this in for like two weeks and have never had a problem like this with my old cheapo crappy faucet. If I check the aerator and it doesn't help, I'll email Blanco for sure. I'm so bummed! Hope that's all it is.

• davidro1
    12 years ago

i hope the instructions say to "flush the lines." It's normal when you remove an olde faucet for grit to fall into the pipes. (For you a DIY first timer, it is not obvious what flushing the supply lines would mean and how to do it.... and this kind of service call is what pays for the plumber's vacations.)

• summersucks
    Original Author
    12 years ago

fml. so he actually had to snake our pipes because they were draining super slowly. Could that have had an effect? He did that the same day as he installed the faucet, does it sound like this would still be the case? Argh I hope this isn't going to be an expensive issue!

• davidro1
    12 years ago

possible worst case: new cartridge from Blanco.

Post once you look at the aerator.

• summersucks
    Original Author
    12 years ago

aerator was fine. will be getting in touch with blanco today.

• davidro1
    12 years ago

once you find the product PDF, you can print it out and get to know what parts go where.
    After a few days or weeks, it all seems normal.
    Parts diagrams.

When you discover something for the first time ever, it is normal to have those emotions you have. Normal, for many people. You will get over it. Later, you will just know it.

• summersucks
    Original Author
    12 years ago

lol! thanks for all your help!

• Ken Anderson
    7 years ago

SummerSucks, because it's at least six years now that you submitted your original post, I wonder if you have any comments you can make about the Blanco Alta. We're thinking of getting that faucet now, and wonder if you've had any problems with it.

Thanks,

-Ken

• Ronald Andrews
    5 years ago

It's the check valve on the spray hose. Clean it out. Mine had black particles stuck in the gears. It comes apart, just remember how you took it apart.

Cheers

• Blair Smith
    5 years ago

Ronald, (or anyone) Is the check valve in the large hose at the end where it connects back to small hose from the cartridge? I have tested/replaced everything else.

• Matt Kohrs
    last year

This forum was extremely helpful. I have a Blanco Purus kitchen faucet from 2017, should have 2.2GPM always very nice flow but recently running at 50-75%. Simply by using the side spray must have released some debris as I'm back to full flow! We never use that hand-held but it looks cool.

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone