nor176

BX vs Romex

nor176

When we originally contracted our electrician (aprox 9 mo ago) to work on our home he stated he only used BX (which up until recently is all you could use in NYC), well today I went to the jobsite and low & behold what are the guys wiring the house with ROMEX!

I came home and looked at my agreement - it does not say anywhere that he will use BX but that was what he emphasized in all our conversations.

Now I am waiting to talk to him directly - I think romex is much cheaper than BX so ....... I want to know if I am getting a credit for using different wiring, and if he tries to bang me for the extra outlets & ceiling fixtures I have requested I am going to lose it.

Does anyone know what the difference in cost is between BX & Romex. I am already paying a premium for electrical installation - NOTHING COMES CHEAP IN NYC.

Guidance on this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks