FIND PROFESSIONALS
havaneezer2

How are your granite countertops attached to your cabinets?

Havaneezer2

Hi Everyone,

I have been looking in to granite countertops and spoke with a fabricator today to ask a bunch of questions about the installation process.

When I asked him how the granite countertops would be attached to the cabinets, he said that they place the granite countertops right on top of the cabinets and generally don't use any adhesive or caulk to attach the granite to the cabinets. If the pieces of the granite are very small they will use silicone caulk, but otherwise nothing is used and they just sit on top of the cabinets.

He mentioned that the granite countertops are so heavy that they won't move once in place, so there is no need to attach them with anything to the cabinets.
I am just wondering if this is standard practice???
I have never had this type of countertop before, and the worrier in me just wants to make sure that these big heavy slabs will be safe and secure and stay were they belong on top of the cabinets.

Thanks in advance!