Your shopping cart is empty.
fleur222

Photos of paint colors in kitchen and other rooms

fleur222
December 11, 2011

I posted recently to white kitchen owners, trying to figure out if I could paint my kitchen a blue/green and what to place in surrounding rooms. I love most of the colors, but still getting used to the kitchen. I think I would have liked something more subtle. It still isn't finished yet, because I have no backsplash or anything over the range, but would love feedback. At least I am happy with the other rooms, so I can still work with the kitchen. It is a 100% improvement over the before kitchen, which was 1/2 the size of the small kitchen it is now. I posted a link to the old one on my last post calling white kitchen owners.

Before: (Yes, it was the entire kitchen..just imagine the counterspace)

Recent Painting:

Kitchen: F&B Blue Ground

Front Door: SW Flower Pot

Foyer: F&B Pointing

LR/DR: F&B White Tie

Bedroom: F&B Borrowed Light

Bedroom: F&B Green Ground

Comments (11)

• suzanne_sl

I *love* your turquoise kitchen!

• susanlynn2012

Fleur222, I love the colors you used on your walls! What kitchen cabinet white paint did you use and where did you get those beautiful cabinets? Your kitchen renovation is an amazing improvement!

• thepaintedlady_gw

I love the blue in the kitchen.

• capecodder

I love your blue kitchen too...it is virtually the same color I just painted my brand new bathroom. When someone comes into our house, they enter into the dining room, and the bathroom is visible from there. I've been trying to figure out a color for the dining room, and you've given me some good ideas.

• bigdoglover

The blue in the kitchen looks beautiful. I also like the "pointing" and the red door, wow!

Is F&B really all that? I've been a BM fan for ages. We have "knock down" textured walls. Do you think F&B would make much of a difference on them?

• fleur222

Thank you all for the compliments on the kitchen.
    Lynn, It is a vast improvement both in looks and function. The cabinets were made by a local company called Kingswood kitchens. They are very well made and function wonderfully. I think that I would do inset doors if I were to do another kitchen. The paint is BM simply white.

Bigdog, I have used SW and BM for different projects in the past. I was so unsure about color, and when I found a brochure of F&B it narrowed my choices. When I tried a sample of the White Tie, which is really a soft sl. yellow creamy white, I was thrilled. It was so rich and creamy in the can and like an experience painting with it! It is touted to have more pigment in the paint. My experienced painter like how it applied to the walls. For the appearance on the walls, it seems softer, less reflective. Of course, I want to justify the extra cost! :) I am glad that I used F&B. I especially love the White tie on the walls. The sales rep described the color as unbleached cotton. The green room looks kind of greenish-yellow and I wish I would have gone for my first thought and painted it a shade darker, as it had more green to the color. (Cooking apple green) I was not going to waste a can of paint... which just points out that cost is probably the deciding factor when choosing between BM and F&B.

• susanlynn2012

Fleur222, I just love your cabinets and I am amazed that they are BM Simply White since they look so perfect and creamy without being yellow and the painted board I have here is whiter. I love the way they look on your cabinets so maybe my painted board is not accurate.

• bigdoglover

Thanks, fleur, sounds delicious, I think I'll give it a whirl.

• CEFreeman

The first word that comes to mind is "serene".
    The 2nd is "fresh".

Your shoulders must just relax when you walk in the door.

Then to be able to just stand in there and admire your beautiful work, cabinets, space, colors, materials (stop me), and just the air in a lovely home like this.

Enjoy! just enjoy.

• Debbi Branka

Your colors are gorgeous!

• hottois

I've been considering turquoise for my new kitchen and have been looking (unsuccessfully) for pictures. This is beautiful!

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).