kfca37

What colors is the Exterior of your house?

kfca37

How often do you repaint? And if you repaint (or move), would you likely use the same colors again?

We have a stucco & wood trim typical 1924 California Bungalow. When we purchased it in 1973, the widow lady owner had just had it repainted a VERY soft grey/gray with an antique white trim. I always hated that combination, so blah, but let it go since house painting is expensive, and any excess time & money went to the interior.

About 10 years later, when the gray had sun-faded to an almost dirty white & there was some peeling, we had it professionally painted. After doing some color consulting, we went with a slightly greenish blue for the stucco, with a two color wood trim of a bright burgundy red & creamy white. I liked that combination so much that when we repainted 10 years ago, I went with the same exterior paint colors except this time a much brighter blue/green (I guess you'd call it "teal blue").

I'm pretty sure I would repaint with the same colors--- probably in another 5 years as it's holding well. I don't know what the neighborly consus is on our paint choices, but I get a kick out of the numerous teenagers passing by who have given us a big "thumbs up" on our color scheme.