Shop Products
katchus_gw

My cat is bulimic!

katchus

Okay so maybe not BUT here is the situation...

I feed my cats once a day, usually at night before I go to bed. I have 2 cats, one of them is fine, but the other (the same one that pees btw if anyone remembers my last post!) throws up all the time. She eats her food way too fast, doesn't chew it and then throws up like 10 minutes later. (I know she doesn't chew it because the food is still whole when she vomits it up.)

So I'm constantly having to regulate her eating - let her eat for a few minutes and then stop her, wait until she eats again and repeat. If I don't do that then I can guarantee she will eat too much/fast and vomit.

Due to another cat in the house with food allergies I can't leave food out for them all the time. I try to feed them a few smaller meals throughout the day (morning, after work, bedtime) so Boo doesn't feel that she is starving and must scarf down her food.

I'm moving in 2 weeks at which point I can probably leave food out for them more regularly (allergy cat will be gone).

Any suggestions? I don't know how to get her to stop binging on food and then vomitting afterwards!