2501pl

Has anyone used the Cambria Berwyn for their countertops?

2501pl
We are trying to decide between the Cambria Windemere and Berwyn. I see many positive comments on Windemere, but nothing on Berwyn. When we put the two samples together, the Windemere looks to have a more tan/brown tone. Has anyone used the Berwyn? Thanks.
Traditional Cape Cod · More Info

• Susan Morris
    I just had Berwyn installed a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it! I have white cabinets and Berwyn looks light gray and white from a distance. When I turn on the under cabinet lights the depth is amazing, and it warms up slightly. It has just enough sparkle, small clear and silver chips and subtile gold swirls. One section has a larger gold swirled area but it doesn't look out of place. No photos yet, I still need to install hardware and decide on a backsplash , any ideas? If you haven't already, you should get a 12x12 sample from Cambria it really helps. I also looked at Windmere but found the gold areas too artificial looking in my south-west facing kitchen.
  • mydecor
    Hi..I am considering Berwyn for my new kitchen, that has white cabinets. Is there enough "white" within the Berwyn to connect to the white cabinets? Or does it turn more beige against the white? Also, do you think that white subway tile would be an option for backsplash?
  • Susan Morris
    Hi... Yes I think there is enough white to connect with white cabinets. From a distance mine looks mostly white and light gray. I see very slight beige undertones when my under cabinet lights are on. You should get a large sample to check in your lighting before you decide. I think it would probably look nice with white subway tile.
  • bena2014

I too am using Berwyn in our kitchen renovation with white cabinets and a very large island. I am having difficulty deciding on the color finish of the flooring (using Somerset Solid Plus -- engineered wood since we are close to the water and on a slab). Any suggestions on flooring? THANKS

• lrfick
    has anyone put berwyn on medium wood cabinets
  • Susan Morris

Found this beautiful kitchen. Maybe they can answer some of your questions

Plainfield Kitchen Remodel in Greene · More Info

• amvanatta

Love our white cabinets and white backsplash tile with the Berwyn.

Rachael Louzon

Berwyn is stunning and looks great with White cabinets. I have specked this counter for a few of my projects and all have loved this countertop.!

• juanarptr

Hi Rachael, I am installing Berwyn next month with marshmallow cream cabinets, and a dark wood tile, how do you think oil rubbed bronze hardware and faucet goes with it? I find the silver a little fancy and my house is more traditional. Thanks!

Rachael Louzon

I think the oiled rubbed bronze will be a nice look and pull the dark floors in nicely.

• juanarptr

Thank u so much for your input!

Rachael Louzon

you are welcome!

• gardngator

Our local kitchen store has an entire desk made with Windermere and although I had been considering it for my master bath, I could see that the caramel spots were very obvious in a large slab. It's not for me. I'm looking for more taupe tones.

• shortped
    Also wanting to do Berwyn with white cabinets. Do you think a black honed granite on perimeter with Berwyn in island would look good? Debating on hardwood vs marble black and white checkerboard pattern vs encaustic tile floor. Opinions???
    Rachael Louzon

The Berwyn is beautiful with the white cabinets and will work great as the center island only and honed black perimeter. I think a black and white checkered floor may be too busy with the Berwyn. Wood floor will make the white cabinets stand out and blend with the hints of brown in the Berwyn. Hope this helps.

• sahai6

Hi,

Can someone tell me if Berwyn will look nice with white hi gloss frameless cabinets? Mostly on Houzz, I see Berwyn with shaker style white cabinets or wood cabinets?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mindy

• juanarptr

I am in love with my Berwyn counters and I think it would look amazing with any white cabinets. Good luck!

• sahai6

juanarptr,

Do you have shaker style white cabinets or wood cabinets?

Thank you,

Mindy

• juanarptr

I just took all my photos off my camera but above in this thread I had my cabinet sample and counter sample

my cabinets are painted wood. The counter is very glossy looking. Beautiful with white

• sahai6

juanarptr,

Thanks for posting your cabinet pictures. Berwyn looks beautiful with your white cabinet door.

I already have Berwyn counter top sample. Someone on Houzz on another topic commented that perhaps Berwyn may not look nice with white hi gloss frameless contemporary cabinets. My cabinets will be white hi gloss. She also commented that most people with white hi gloss cabinets go with white or black counter tops.

As a counter top, I absolutely love Berwyn. Since that poster has commented, I am now little confused:-)

Mindy

• juanarptr

This whole process I second guessed myself. I think Berwyn can look contemporary with hi gloss cabinets. It's very versatile. If u want movement in your counters and not solid, I think it would work. It's mostly gray and white. You don't really see much beige on it. Hope that helps