Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rickster88

Indoor landscaping

rickster88
9 years ago
Hi all,

I wanted to gather some ideas on what route I should take on this indoor fountain. It has been close to 4 years and some water has seeped through causing some of the paint on the wall to bubble hence why I've been contemplating on destroying the fountain. Above the fountain is my second floor and the skylight above so it receives some natural light but it is still a little dim (50-70 lumens per square foot). To the right of the fountain is a 11 foot wall that I've been thinking of doing a vertical garden using local species and arranging the plants in such a way that has a natural "jungle" feel.
At the moment I feel that that area is too hard and needs to be balanced by softening it down. Opposite the fountain is the collapsible doors leading to the lanai area and has trees to shield the western sun and the neighbours. I just can't imagine having a vertical garden and a man made fountain together, yet alone the colours (grey, light brown, deep redish brown, and green once I've installed the vertical garden).
I've thought of growing some local low light species on the ground to blend it in with the vertical garden. I've always liked the idea of having some trees indoor but space constraints and root damage is what I'm afraid of. My ceiling is about 9 feet tall so any plantings will have to be lower than that when fully mature. I've spoken to 2 landscapers and wasn't impressed with their ideas. What is the best way of blending all of this in?

I've attached some pictures of my space and my inspirational vertical garden picture.

Any thoughts?

Comments (4)