Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
merrit_ackland

Once I remove this Christmas wreath, I have a blank wall.

Merrit Ackland
9 years ago
I need a decor idea for this blank vaulted wall once I remove this wreath.

Comments (27)

• horselover222
    9 years ago
    K do you like stars?? Like ones kinda like this.....
  • smk72
    9 years ago
    How about an oversized clock. Like maybe in a starburst shape?
  • hayleydaniels
    9 years ago
    See if you can find another spring wreath to replace the Christmas one.
  • PRO
    Bethany Colman Design Associates
    9 years ago
    I forgot to add a photo
  • sootsprite
    9 years ago
    May we see a picture of the whole space? It looks like there is some woodwork up there?
  • joannpb
    9 years ago
    Antique flag reproduction, crib-size quilt, large vintage map, street sign, Andy Warhol print, piece of decorative wrought iron from salvage.
  • PRO
    RealCraft
    9 years ago
    Hello! With the beautiful woodwork at the peak of the ceiling the space may look really nice blank. Otherwise, a round "old-timey" looking clock would work well. A large clock about the size of the wreath would look fabulous. Whatever you decide, I suggest keeping it simple and understated. I hope this is helpful. Good luck!
  • Barbara Almandarz
    9 years ago
    I think the wall would look great without anything there. Your woodwork u there really emphasizes the beautiful shape of that wall and the great space.
  • capeeliz
    9 years ago
    I'm another lover of negative space. I'd just paint the vent cover the same as the wall.
  • decoenthusiaste
    9 years ago
    Decorate where you and your stuff live - below the door frames. Leave it empty, but do paint vents to match their background.
  • Maureen
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Nothing or a stained glass window secured to the wall and up closer to the barnwood frame.
    [houzz=
    Meyda Tiffany Fleur-De-Lis Medallion Stained Glass Window X-55428 · More Info
    ]
  • Merrit Ackland
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Here are a few more pictures. I like the stained glass art and the 3 large picture ideas. I don't want to leave blank because of a hole where the wreath is hung. I know silly. Thanks for all the input.
  • Barbara Almandarz
    9 years ago
    As nice as the stained glass is, remember it needs a light behind it to see the colors. Hung on a wall can cause you to lose the detail in the glass.
  • sootsprite
    9 years ago
    Try the clock over your mantle there if it is big enough.
  • abbyjean
    9 years ago
    A deer head? I am serious, as I think they can be a fun accessory in the right space.
  • Rae Haskell
    9 years ago
    Maybe just paint that wall a different color - something with a high level of contrast! Kind of like this:
  • PRO
    Cure Design Group
    9 years ago
    I like it clean...I agree that an accent wall might just do the trick, our homes always look a little bare once you remove the Holiday decor, however, when Spring cleaning time approaches, I always welcome the sense of clean, uncluttered spaces.
  • Merrit Ackland
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thank you for all the input. The deer head is just not me. I may try paint as an accent wall. The clock over my mantle is too small to put in that space. blank might be less busy.
  • abbyjean
    9 years ago
    Deer head is out then. I do think blank is ok, but also just happened to wonder if your family had a famous quote or last words that could be put on a big piece of wood up there? Words to live by.
  • Merrit Ackland
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is what I chose. It was affordable. I just felt that large of a space needed something. I came home with something a little bigger than the wreath. It is an iron sculpture and mirror from Meijer. It was less than $60 too! The colors are rusty brown, grays, and green.

• sootsprite
    9 years ago
    Very nice! I like the size and shape for the space, also how it brings together the different colors and adds texture. Thanks for sharing it with us :-)
  • joannpb
    9 years ago

That fits right into the mood of the room ...very nice.

• abbyjean
    9 years ago

SCORE! Good for you and now you do not miss the wreath one little bit!

• Janie Burton
    9 years ago
    Other ideas - large panel architectural ironwork or a beautiful paneled antique wooden door hung horizontally. I would change out your counter stools for matching ones upholstered in an interesting fabric or a leather that blends with your other finishes. The white is too stark in contrast with the countertop.
  • PRO
    Orchard Home Design
    9 years ago

Today wreaths are commonly associated with Christmas, but in the past wreaths have been year round decorations that shift with the seasons. With midwinter just behind us, a wreath of twigs with a few new buds or shoots would look great. You might think about about getting an wreath of lillies for the upcoming spring as well. Just some ideas.

• corakeating2
    8 years ago
    I would agree with capeeliz paint the vent the same colour as the wall and leave it all blank otherwise I think your eyes will be drawn up to that area and that will take away from your lovely room