dbrad

Anyone built or seen built Frank Betz's Northfield Manor?

dbrad
5 years ago

We've been working on a custom plan for years (everything drawn up and paid for already) but recently tired of it - what a waste of time and $$! But as much as we hate to admit it, we just aren't "feeling it" anymore.

Recently we saw the below plan by Frank Betz and fell in love. The floor plan needs very few changes and with a walk-out basement it will fit nicely on our lot. Our only concern is that the neighborhood where we purchased land is full of rather large - or at least large-seeming - houses. The minimum size for the neighborhood is 3000 (recently lowered to that after the housing crunch) so it's not like the house has to be really large (this plan is 3800 + 600 bonus), but we're just not sure this house fits. Our initial impression was WOW, but now we think the house just has a small-looking front elevation to it. Are we crazy??

We would LOVE to see more photos of this house but even after contacting Frank Betz Associates we can't seem to find anyone who has built it (they are understandably unwilling to share that information). We are even willing to drive/fly to see the house in person - don't judge, we're (annoyingly, even to ourselves) picky and want to get this right this time!

So, anyone know where this house has been built, or at least have some photos that would give us a better impression of it? Thanks for indulging our craziness!

https://www.frankbetz.com/plans/Northfield%20manor

http://www.eplans.com/house-plans/epl/hwepl12437.html

Comments (790)

• Erin Smith
    3 years ago

Kitchen and mudroom are finally finished

dbrad thanked Erin Smith
    Featured Answer
  • Greg Tanner
    8 months ago

• Greg Tanner
    8 months ago

Where is your attic access in your Northfield Manor?

• Mandi Smith
    8 months ago

It’s move in day! We kept our column and it finally evolved to my favorite part of the kitchen. I enjoyed tracking this post before and through our progress.

• dbrad
    Original Author
    8 months ago

Looks great!

• Leann S.
    8 months ago

Progress on Northfield Manor in Tennessee.

• Chris
    7 months ago

T-60 and couldn’t be happier with the outcome

• Chris
    7 months ago

• Leann S.
    7 months ago

Are you going to paint your the posts on your front porch or do something different?

• Chris
    7 months ago

They will get wrapped in Azek and then detailed with trim.

• COREY M
    7 months ago

Hi @lldaves6- would you mind sharing your floor plan? I love the ideas you had and we're going to work to make some other modifications. If you can my email is corey.maymon@gmail.com Thank you!

• sarahogle
    6 months ago

We moved in the end of July! We still have lots to do! I feel like it will never end! Meanwhile here is a few pics!

• sarahogle
    6 months ago

Some pictures of the inside. We removed the column.

• Leann S.
    6 months ago

Progress pics.

• Greg Tanner
    6 months ago

• Greg Tanner
    6 months ago

• Greg Tanner
    4 months ago

• Greg Tanner
    4 months ago

• Greg Tanner
    4 months ago

• Greg Tanner
    4 months ago

• Greg Tanner
    3 months ago

Can anyone share their pictures of the steps that go up to the bedroom on the 2nd floor? Its the one bedroom that isn't level with that floor.

• John Bowman
    3 months ago

House built in Cheshire, CT. We sunk the top step in to give it more of a built in look and make more room. I eliminated the third bedroom and made a balcony instead.

• Greg Tanner
    3 months ago

Love

• Adrienne Gillis
    3 months ago

Has anyone successfully moved the stairs in either the NM or the Southern Trace? I love having wood tread stairs be near the foyer for holiday decorating. I wonder if there is a way to relocate them.

• Molly Buckner
    3 months ago

349.southernhilltop on instagram

we changed the layout of the house and I decorate my stairs and walkway upstairs.

• Adrienne Gillis
    3 months ago

@Molly Buckner, I looked at your instagram. Gorgeous home! Could you attach a photo of your stairs and where they are located?

• Michael Brown
    2 months ago

• Michael Brown
    2 months ago

• Michael Brown
    2 months ago

• Michael Brown
    2 months ago

• Michael Brown
    2 months ago

• sparkie08
    2 months ago

Beautiful!!!!

• Michael Brown
    2 months ago

Thank you

• Christopher Davenport
    2 months ago

Michael, your exterior color scheme looks great. My wife and I intend to break ground on this plan very soon. I would love to see more pictures if you are willing to post.

• Michael Brown
    2 months ago

Thank you Chris

• Michael Brown
    2 months ago

• Michael Brown
    2 months ago

• Michael Brown
    2 months ago

• Michael Brown
    2 months ago

• Michael Brown
    2 months ago

• Michael Brown
    2 months ago

• sparkie08
    2 months ago

Michael, what brand and color are your bricks? Your house is beautiful inside and out!

• Michael Brown
    2 months ago

Thank you.

• Michael Brown
    2 months ago

Cherokee Brick is the manufacturer - Hampton is the color. They are made in Macon, Georgia.

• Michael Brown
    2 months ago

• sparkie08
    2 months ago

Thank you!

• krissygabe
    25 days ago

Michael, its beautiful! What size range do you have... 36” or 48”

• Adrienne Gillis
    14 days ago

Can anyone who has recently built this home comment on what was the price range the builder gave you for it?

• Greg Tanner
    13 days ago

You will pay somewhere between through the nose and out the a**

• Sylvia
    2 days ago

Does anyone have any pictures of the basement?

• K R
    yesterday

Sylvia , email me , kandyszoo@aol.com about basement pics

Sponsored
Virginia's Full Service Hardscape, Landscape & Fencing Company