FIND PROFESSIONALS
mblaeser

Thermador - Have seen some pretty negative reviews on appliances

Melissa B

considering Thermador or Wolf - anyone have any recent exper with both? I trying to outfit a new kitchen in the next 6 mo. Therm. seemed like I could save a little $ but get an upper brand but after looking at consumer reviews/comments on Houzz I'm afraid that is not the case and I should just go with Wolf - thoughts?

• Amaryllis H

To the person who asked about Consumer Reports' rating of Thermidors: last August we bought a mattress from a manufacturer in New York because Consumer Reports said it had the best reviews from their customers. I have no doubt whatsoever that that mattress company had figured a way to pad that positive review count, because within two months my husband's side of the bed was sagging by four inches (!) compared to mine as measured against the headboard. I have never heard of such a thing, and that mattress was the top of the line at that company. It was not cheap.

Consumer Reports totally panned the Speed Queen washing machine that, after two and a half years I can say is the best washing machine I have owned in 40 years.

And then of course there are the Thermidors we bought because they recommended them, the double ovens that blew both $850+labor motherboards, one in two years, the other in I think seven, the stove with two burners that fused closed the first time you turned them on high, although, those appliances were bought over twenty years ago so perhaps a little unfair to mention now.

Consumer Reports now has links for you to buy their reviewed products from. They are not the disinterested and impartial source of information they once were, at all. I go to them now to get some general information but I would not ever again make a decision based on their recommendations.

• James

I love my Thermador range, it's luxurious and beautiful. Also works perfectly.

Thermador Versus Kitchen Aid appliances

I have the Bosch Dishwasher you are looking at, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the silverware drawer. The only drawback is the dishwasher somehow gets little tiny food items like lemon seeds stuck in the sprayer that sprays the second drawer and that of course keeps things from getting clean, and it struggles with dishwasher pods, never fully getting the soap off so a second rinse cycle is needed. However, the later problem may be electrical, I think the dishwasher got hit in a big electrical storm because it acts funny now, like it's hard drive is failing. Back to the lemon seeds which is a problem even without the dishwasher getting hit with electricity, no idea how they get in there. That should not happen, but it does so just watch for it. The silverware drawer is worth it. I don't have the ranges, I have the Thermador 36" cooktop with the simmer burners which I LOVE. I had the Thermador cooktop in my last house and loved it so much I went to buy the professional version but was disappointed to discover it only had huge burners, and I use lots of little pans, so I stayed with the cooktop which is half the price and far more flexible. The simmer burners are FABULOUS. As far as I know, Thermador is the only one with that feature, but that may have changed. The star shaped burners are spectacular as well. We have a SubZero fridge, counter depth, double size fridge, but normal size freezer (maybe 40" wide?), which we love as well. Bought it used for $1,200 (it was 15 years old) and it still runs like a champ, those older Subzeros are built to last forever. We have a Thermador warming drawer which is great as well, although be careful with the tracks the drawer runs on, if they are forced/manhandled, they are plastic (!) and break easily and are a pain in rear to fix. And a Miele steam oven which I LOVE as well. My appliances do not match, and it's not a big deal, no one appliance maker can excel at every appliance, so I would recommend getting the ones you love. Match the exterior color and style as much as possible, don't worry as much about the brand.

Thermador Appliances?

our bosch dishwasher is a dream. get a model that has the 'speed perfect' cycle; basically it gives you the option to throw a lot of water at the dishes and get the cycle over quickly. great for christmas day when you run load and load after load. we did the thermador 36" cooktop and matching downdraft. i'd be wary of mixing brands for these 2 items without talking to someone who has successfully done it, they nest together pretty close. we put the downdraft fan in the basement, so its quieter. the thermador cooktop is very good. 5 star burners, 2 of them with ultra-low settings, finally i can make soup or sauce and barely have a bubble. those 2 burners cannot be used when the power is out, the other 3 regular burners can. i find it pretty easy to clean.

Appliance decisions - thermador, wolf/subzero or miele?

Love this comment from Patricia Colwell: When buying appliances the first thing is function . Does the appliance do what you want from it, if not keep looking. The struggle I have found has been with the Fridge/Freezer. We are doing a new house build and came from a house where we had 2, 27cu ft side by sides and a chest freezer in different parts of the house. It was a pain with all of the food scattered around. From the beginning I had focused on the Frigidaire Pro/Electrolux Icon separate Fridge/Freeze combo. The next issue is buying from an appliance store that supports the product not a large box-house retailer. We have not found one appliance store with service who sells Frigidaire or Electro in our area. Our builder uses a appliance store that has its own support but their entry level is KA and the 48" KA side by side is just to small. Their other option is Thermador which is a budget killer at over 14k (Options for SS & Handles and Heater req). Ive also been told by the Thermador rep that the new model columns still have some kinks to be worked out. It is a real challenge to find 24-30" columns that are not over 10k for the pair. Have also looked at Leibherr and Marvel.

Appliance questions

We are going to be starting our remodel soon and are finalizing appliances. Here are a few questions which I am hoping to get some help with. 1. My preliminary purchase decision is as follows: i) Wolf range top/cooktop. I cant decide between the two recommendations welcome. Definitely don't want a range - gets too hot and noisy is what I have heard. ii) double ovens wolf or blue star iii) subzero 42/48 pro - bout it is not a clear choice. Recommendation welcome. I request input for the following A- have the heavy users ( cooking 5+ times a week) experienced significant issues within 1-5 years on the range top/ cooktop B- how responsive was the after sales service for the brand named above C- is an extended warranty helpful D- if you were to buy the appliance today would you buy it or choose another brand. If so which one. E- if you were to mix and match appliances what would your ideal combination be. I have seen a huge fan club out there for blue star ovens. Don't have a clear choice for refrigeration. I was leaning toward Thermador but the negative reviews were quite daunting. Thanks for the patience with the above questions. These are expensive appliances and while researching I have read some horror stories about the purchase being the worst mistake ever etc. don't have the bandwidth to invest dollars and invite issues. Some very uninspiring reviews out there. I do recognize that the higher the dollars the more vocal the grievances. Any input on the above is very much appreciated and would go a long way in helping me make an informed choice. Thanks all. TJ
  • Joseph Zuckerbrow

My 20K appliances are waiting for replacement parts

• KL M

lulu3421 - we had a Whirlpool convection oven and the noise from when the covection oven is cooling, that is the fans spinning. I believe it may just be a usual noise. Because ours did the same thing. Oven worked perfect for the 5 years we lived in the house

• lulu 3421

Thanks,but this noise is not connected to the convection function. It is actual loudest on the larger oven side of the range when convection is not in use. I have had multiple other brands of convection ovens, and this Thermador range has a convection choice on the smaller oven. What I am bothered by is not the convection fan. It is a very loud fan sound that sounds when the oven is on for any length of time at any temperarute and stays on for over one hour when it is turned off. I have never experienced anything this loud in my friends' homes with Wolf or other brand large ranges.

• il2az

UPDATE to my original post:

Original post: "I have a Thermador induction cooktop CIT365GM. It worked great for five years then it started playing up. When I go to turn it on, all of the burners and the timer have a flashing “E”. I have had the technician out several times. He replaced the display panel twice. It worked for five days after the first time and three days after the second time. The technician also called technicians and neither of them know what is wrong with the cooktop. I have spent the last year dealing with this issue. Thermador does not know what is wrong with the cooktop therefore does not know how to fix it. The serial number is 000007, which makes me believe that it is the seventh one off the production line. Either they are hiding a known issue that has been fixed in newer models or they do not want to admit that they do not know what is wrong with it. I asked them to replace the cooktop because they cannot fix it. They have offered to have me pay over $2200 to replace it. Thermador is supposed to be high end and should work for more than five years."

I was able to coax it into working for the most of the time but not always and not for the last few months. I could not just walk up to it and turn it on the first time. The rest of the family gave up and would use the two portable induction cooktops we have.

I went to purchase appliances for a second home and talked about my Thermador issues. The salesperson said he would try his channel and see if the issue could be resolved. The same technician came to my house and nothing new was discovered or offered. I got the same song and dance out of Thermador. They offered $859 towards the purchase or a replacement. The replacement cooktop has an MSRP of $3899. I would have to make the purchase with them for the $859.

I then decided to try a authorized service company. Someone who would work for me and not Thermador. The authorized service technician is a person who worked for Thermador in New Jersey and saw my error code several times when he worked there. The code that the Thermador technician said he did not know what it meant. The new person told me that Thermador was replacing the cooktops when he came across this "EE" error code. Then Thermador designed a bracket to be placed under the display module. The problem seems there is not enough support built into the unit and the display module would fall just far enough away that it would not engage. Now they are out of brackets but the service tech is not sure it would work because the units are only designed to last about 10 years. All this information made me want to cry.

What I learned. Do not call Thermador for service. Look for an authorized service in your area. Thermador service technician is trained to tell you no. The authorized service people can do warranty work and they work for you.

I have purchased a Wolf induction cooktop that is being installed today.

• Keith G

Have a Thermador, do not buy. Giving me problems only after 6 years.

• Dana Groulx

I bought a 36” pro Thermador Rangetop and could not be happier. It was this or the Wolf. The appliance store where I purchased it service what they sell. They recommended the Thermador over the Wolf for several reasons. One, based on their own stats and service calls, reliability. Two, much easier to clean as you can reach underneath the star burners. Third, the extra low feature on 2 of the burners. The Wolf cannot go low enough for a true simmer. This replaced a Miele induction 36” which was nothing but trouble. i used it for 4 years until it bit the dust completely. I am using a GE profile range hood, which I will be replacing as I need more CFM and want an external blower.

• Jeanette McQueeney

We bought many Thermador appliances 7 years ago. I would not buy Thermador appliances again. We purchased a cooktop (it no longer self ignites) a wall oven (the door springs have been replaced twice and are now no longer available), a steam convection oven (I actually really like this oven and am thankful I got it vs 2 wall ovens) and a dishwasher (it's ok, the racks fall down a lot but it's quiet and works). The oven first started having issues immediately after the warranty expired. We had to pay a couple hundred dollars to have the springs replaced, two years later we had to replace the springs again, 2 years later we were told they can no longer repair the oven. This is a design flaw, the door is too heavy for the springs to support it and they eventually stretch out. Once they stretch out the door will not close all the way so the oven will not get up to temp. We have to put a chair in front of the oven to get it to work. Yep, a chair to hold the door shut on our fancy wall oven, i am just thankful we didn't get the double oven as we would have two ovens that don't work. I would not recommend buying Thermador appliances, they do not stand behind their appliances. Interestingly we chose to buy a Kitchenaide refrigerator as the Thermador was so $$$$, thank goodness we did! I really like my Kitchenaide fridge and am now looking to replace my cooktop with a Ktichenaide.

I recognize the OG post is really old, but thought i would give my .02 in the case it can help someone else.

• Patti Worcester

Thermador is terrible for standing behind their products. Our 36” high end range is 17 years old. The oven burner is needimg replaced for a second time (we are not serious bakers or overuse the oven). We have been waiting since December 2020 and now they tell us they are going to “concentrate on current production lines and recent products” as though my stove is disposable. BEWARE of Thermador. They don’t take care of their customers.

• Henry Minsky

Did I mention that when the broiler is running, our natural gas detector alarm in the kitchen starts alarming, and when you open the oven door, a puff of flame licks out from the damn infrared burner. It sucks when you pay five times the price of a normal high end stove and the thing doesn't work as well.

• Dee

Stay away from Thermador. In the 7 years I’ve owned it, the hood circuit board gave out (out of warranty), the fridge has to be completely replaced (with warranty), the magnetron on the microwave does (out of warranty), the dishwasher circuit board malfunctioned (out of warranty. The stove top hasn’t met expectations as the egriddle does not heat evenly and the oven temperature is not accurate.

STAY AWAY FROM THERMADOR. spend a little more to get subzero and wolf.

• jmmcr

Had a Thermador kitchen installed 6 years ago and no problem. Then we moved into a new home and again chose Thermador. Less than 1 year in, fridge (still on warranty) had a fan problem and got so hot we thought it would cause a fire. After waiting on hold for an hour for customer service, we turned all power off. Two months and three service calls later, the fridge is still broken. Most recently, repair techinician told by Thermador technical support that repair parts they had sent were defective and that we should start over and order again. My calls to customer service fall on deaf ears- they keep poor internal records on service issues and are generally unhelpful. Thermador does not have an effective escalation process for problems that are not quickly resolved. Needless to say, we no longer like nor recommend Thermador products.

• il2az

Look up an authorized Thermador service in your area. They will work for you. When you call Thermador and they send a technician, that person works for Thermador. It will make a difference in you repair experience. I learned the hard way.

• artbros

In 2015, we put in a 48” Pro-Grand Range with Steamer Oven and matching dual blower hood. We also picked up a 48” counter-depth fridge and freezer and a drawer microwave. All Thermador. (We elected to go Bosch on the dishwasher.) The range and dishwasher had a few problems out of the box. But we bought from a trusted retailer whose service department has always taken care of problems for us.

There is MASSIVE value in knowing the LOCAL dealer will be able to provide reliable service. I’d never buy a high-end appliance without having faith in the service people. Relying on factory service is… risky at best. The Thermador factory reps are spread thin. It takes a long time to get them out. But (for us at least) once the issues we had were fixed, everything has run relatively well.

FWIW we have particularly enjoyed the steam-oven. There is a bit of a learning curve. But once you figure it out, you never want to go back. Or, at least, we wouldn’t. They are a fabulous tool to have in the kitchen. If we ever move I’d get another in a heart-beat. The fridge and drawer microwave have done well for us. Fingers crossed. After reading some of your reviews… we certainly hope it continues.

ONE TIP: If you are putting in a high-end kitchen (no matter the brand) have your electrician install a WHOLE HOUSE SURGE PROTECTOR. We figured that these appliances all have circuit boards operating in rather tough circumstances. Wild temperature swings, wet and dry, etc. Making sure they didn’t get a power-surge seemed like our best “insurance policy” to keeping the little computer boards from frying. Our electrician recommended it. We were glad he did.

We are hopeful that our appliances will last. So far, so good. One caveat, Thermador charges outrageous prices for their parts. Simple lamps for the range-hood are 20x the price you can buy them for on eBay. Also… never wash your grease-tray (for the griddle) in the washer. The black paint strips off. Thermador replaced one under warranty. Said they had a bad batch of paint. Second one was as bad or worse than the first. When I called again they wouldn’t help the second time.

I am truly ssorry for those of you who have had poor service experiences. It is inexcusable to have to wade through the problems you’ve had. We’ve liked our Thermador appliances and found the two-year warranty was enough time to get anything weird fixed. Don’t be shy about getting the service people in early. Keep a detailed record of each service call. Keep the parts they remove and replace. There are lemon-laws that can help you if you get stuck. Ask your service people about how they work and what needs to happen to put it into play.

• jmmcr

Hi il2az & artbros- Thanks very much for your great suggestions and advice about documentation, etc. in the event that problems continue- I am documenting each discussion now. Our first choice would have been to work with Thermador for service directly but unfortunately Thermador does not have any in our area - instead they certify third parties and that is who we are working for- it is the only Thermador service available to us. We do have a whole house surge protector fortunately! Thanks again!

This is my third Thermador stainless gas cooktop (they only last ten years)f and the worst ever! Had to buy the same brand due to the cutout in my island. I had it installed in July and it looks ten years old. The stainless is anything but stainless and the spots that cook on will not come off. I have tried every cleaner. After getting it as clean as I can it has to be polished and buffed. The same is true of the stainless downdraft which has permanent condensation streaks. Junk!! Overpriced! Thermador should be ashamed to put their name on it.

Spiceberry Home

We have a Thermidor range - Gas top and oven. (PRG304WH) I like the design a lot: especially the raised burners that don't bake spills to the stovetop.

BUT - the oven has already failed twice in warranty for the same reason. The beefy oven knobs are attached to cheap plastic stems mounted on an unimpressive 2-inch circuit boards. These outsourced knob controllers have failed twice since new (18 months), even with delicate turns. They aren't that hard to replace it you keep a few extras on hand, sort of like batteries. Pretty cheap, too. But really? On a $$$ stove like this?

Now I am noticing a bit of roughness up on one of the stovetop knobs so I am a bit worried. It's pretty sad to see such an excellent range design ruined by the bean counters.

• Henry Minsky

There's some deeply flawed design , when I preheat the oven, the range eventually starts its fan up which blows hot air over the surface of the burners. That in turn causes the flames to

flicker if they are on med-low, which causes the flame sensor to keep triggering the igniter.

I would like to slap the designers who put together this whole kludge.

Spiceberry Home

Hi Henry, I understand exactly what you mean, but change a few things on the stove backsplash so the venting didn’t “bend” over the burners. All good now.

• suzyq53

Henry you need a heat guard at the back of your stove. The way you have it now is dangerous.

• metric14

Honestly, I would not purchase another Thermador product. For over a year, they couldn't even take the time to correct the requirements section of the PRD305WHU range. They listed a tiny 30" range as having the same requirements (50A) as a 48" range. But in other documentation they listed the range at 30 or 35 amps. It was all over the place, and this directly affects wire ampacity... That doesn't bode well for them.

Second, their delivery time is patently ridiculous. You can expect a 6 month wait for your new range.

Third, when I did get my range, it had some squawks that are questionable. There is an odd buzzing/relay sound that feels electric (not a comforting feeling), and the circulation fan has a tick as though it has an interference in one area, right out of the box. The latter has diminished a bit, but seriously.... This is an $8000 range. One would hope for better quality control!

Finally, I lost my contractor due to the length of time it took me to get my appliances, so I had to install them myself. The dishwasher design is such that it is absurdly easy to scratch the control buttons, but Thermador will not replace these as it was an install error. OK, that is true, but let's get real here... They should own up to a marginal design that leaves an easy error to be made. And. I wouldn't be in this position if they hadn't taken so long to deliver a product. One would think that they would be interested in placating a customer that spent close to $10K by comp'ing a $100 part, but no; it is "an installation problem." So, I'll leave it as a reminder. And whenever anyone comes over and helps clean up, it will be a good talking point on why *not* to buy a Bosch/Thermador product. Oh, I should also mention that the door on the dishwasher is flimsy compared to the cheap Maytag that I replaced...

All in all, I would say this... I have little to no faith that the new Thermadors will last the same way the appliances they replaced (old school Thermador range). It is actually quite ironic. It was my positive experience with that product that led me to purchase Thermador again. But it is clear that this is a different company now, and the transition is not a good one. if I had to do it again, I would buy a different premium brand appliance. I cannot, and will not, recommend Thermador or its parent, Bosch, as a manufacturer.

thermador products are horrible. customer service is horrible and trying to find a qualified service technician is almost impossible. all 5 of my appliances from them have broke down at least once, some 2-3 times. My home is only 7 years old and problems started almost imediatley. do not buy this brand

• Mary Man

Brand new Thermador dishwasher. Smells horrible inside. Service tech told me to keep the door open between uses and especially if I go out of town. They all smell bad. Wow!! This dishwasher was 4x the price of my previous unit. Definitely should come with a warning that it smells bad, as this seems to be common knowledge.

• Joseph Zuckerbrow

Well good thing it will need replacement in a few months. All Their products are under designed for the price

• leenet13

Any appliance that gets that wet requires airing.
    I leave my dishwasher an washing machine door open after use.

• km kane

Mary Man, what does it smell like? i have a Thermadore nd have never had an odor problem. Though I, too too, leave my door open a bit.

• Mary Man

My previous $400 kitchenaid (or any of he other dishwashers I owned in the past 40 years ) never smelled bad if I didn’t empty and dry with a towel immediately after it ran.

• Mary Man

It smells rotten inside and was told it was common with this machine. It is 6 weeks old and a little upsetting that a service tech said this is a common problem

• suzyq53

My DW does not smell. I never leave it open. The drying function dries it out. I do use Finish rinse aid and salt.

• Elizabeth Wood

Without a doubt go with something else and check to see if the same manufacturer makes thermador as well. We have double wall ovens (Thermador) and within 6 months we started having problems. These ovens break down at least once a year, we have had the relay board replaced, multiple times for fans and we are averaging between $450 to $900 each time. These ovens were installed in 2016 and I think we will need to replace them along with the Thermador dishwasher, which needs a new motor. I have written to Thermador and contacted the retail vendor on a number of occasions. Neither could care less. The experience has been unbelievably awful and what we thought was a good investment has turned out to be the worst possible-runaway from Thermador or any of their brands!

• km kane

Mary Mann, did you check the bottom bottom to see if some food got stuck in the works?

• Mike Saltmarsh

If considering a Thermador Refrigerator Freezer, think again. We are now long-time owners of the second pair of this expensive +$15K combined as two in cabinet appliances. When functioning we have enjoyed the exclusive design, space and shallow depth for easy access of our food. However, for those benefits the freezer began to create condensation behind the unit a few years after they were professionally installed and caused the entire back of the freezer and refrigerator to rust and ruin the wall and hard wood flooring. Since these units were affixed in with the kitchen cabinetry, it wasn't detected until there was extensive damage. The Wall, hardwood flooring and sub-floor had to be repaired. We contacted Theramador and after extensive emails, conversations with customer service they elected to replace the units and were again professionally installed by Thermador Technicians. That was a few years after they were first purchased. Fast forward to June 2021 about 9.5 years later and the same problem has reoccurred. Extensive condensation from the freezer created extensive mold in the wall behind the cabinets and has agin rusted the entire back of the freezer and refrigerator. We have been engaged in extensive (last 6 months) communications including lengthy in-home service, customer service calls, documentation of all the impacts and escalation including a claim which today remains unresolved. Thermador throughout this occurrence and with the prior same issue Thermador never contacts me to status what they are doing. I have to always initiate and push for closure. Its as though they are hoping this will just pass. If I can help anyone avoid this as an appliance nightmare, please seek another manufacturer when considering a purchase. I am appalled that for such high-end and expensive appliances, this is the service we've received.

Mike S.

• Henry Minsky

suzyq53 can you tell me more about what is a heat guard for the stove?

• suzyq53

Hi Henry - Here is a picture of my stove with the heat guard. It protects the tile and inside of the wall from heating up. And vents the oven higher so it doesn't affect the burners.

Encinitas Kitchen · More Info

• Barry Kohn

Thermidor is a terrible brand. They ask for a deposit, promise delivery and then nothing. I ordered a cooktop in March, 2021 with a required 50% deposit. After repeated promises of delivery, nothing so far. It is now mid January 2022 and they still have my cash and no idea when it will be delivered. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BRAND!!!

• M Riz

Ordered an induction cooktop, tower refrigerator and freezer, coffee maker and dishwasher LAST FEBRUARY, still not here, dont update their sales people, and their dates mean ABSOUTELY NOTHING. Steer clear. They continue to sell products, very expensive ones, without any idea of delivery. Thanks thermador Go onto Thermadors instagram and take a look, they blocked me because i told the truth, I suggest anybody with delays post their experience, so others can see that your appliances will take most likely a year.

• Dana Groulx

There is a supply issue with every product and until the pandemic is over, dont expect it to improve. When I ordered my Thermador Rangetop last year, the appliance store had a list of all shipment dates and the quantity available. What they couldn’t tell me was how many people were in line before me, because they don’t know orders from other dealers. Blaming a manufacturer because your local dealer isn’t updating you, is ridiculous. I am still delighted with my Thermador Rangetop. Looking at wall ovens now as i want steam, convection, and rotisserie capabilities.

• Joseph Zuckerbrow

My Thermador oven was delivered broken. three repair visits until they replaced it

• M Riz

Thermador doesnt update their reps. They have their disclaimer of a 6 month delay. Its a year. Ive had delivery dates on everything and nothing shows up.My refrigerator showed it was shipped and on a truck, it disappeared. Im super glad yours showed up. . Good luck.

• JBeth Skill

Thermador is an awful brand. Professio al Rotisserie and Steam Oven have needed repairs for lack of temperature consistency 7 times. Our entire kitchen is Thermador, and we were promised a dinner and in home instruction for purchasing entire kitchen. Then when it came time to schedule- they did not do that anymore. And the diswasher is a nighmare….after completing a cycle of washing dishes, i have to leave the door open , other it will fill with mold.

and smell really bad. My advice- Go to Sears😂

My Thermador Range has not worked for over 3 months and Thermador will do nothing to help They just say the parts are on backorder. If you need a range to ise for cooking, stay away from this brand!

• Elizabeth Wood

Our experiences are similar-we renovated our kitchen and the entire kitchen is Themador. The dealer and Thermador rep thought I was crazy when I did not want to accept a cooktop with a shattered top upon delivery. It went from bad to worse as the dealer just wanted a sale and beyond that could have cared less. The dishwasher motor has been replaced but the dishes never dry and we have paid over $2500 in repairs to the double wall ovens since purchasing in 2016-and it started within the first year. I would run in the other direction rather than buy Thermador again and I would not buy anything manufactured under the same manufacturer either!

• piaa

Just finished our kitchen remodel so I can't really comment on how they will hold up but we are still waiting on our speed oven - ordered December 2020 ... new "expected" delivery date 3-6-22

• Joseph Zuckerbrow

That "Speed" oven is so speedy...

• Elizabeth Wood

I just hope you don't share in the bad experiences we have encountered and get a reliable "speed" oven!

• jill freshley

7 year old THERMADOR refrigerators evaporator went our before Christmas. Three service calls and it was not able to be fixed. Thermador (after four months of delays and no communication offered to bring another one in 18 months for $6500. I tried to have them buy back my old one but they would not. There was no way I would wait 18th months and get another Thermador!! Bad customer service, very delayed responding to this problem.

• piaa

Well, my speedy "speed" oven is now due June 2nd so at that point 18 months after ordering (but I am not holding my breath that it will actually be here) so I'm learning to love the hole in my built in cabinets which is great as a substitute junk drawer

• M Riz

my refigerator column and then my last piece i was waiting for, my dishwasher just came in 14 months. the first piece i received were my sream oven combo, about 8 months. Hang in there.

• Daniel Berginz

I am old -timer in this forum with the last post a year ago. All I can tell you is that their customer service sucks big time and their so-called service technicians do not seem to know how to fix anything except replacing the whole unit. Which is surprising because the majority parent company is Bosch and most of the parts have a Bosch equivalent. But then again you need trained people knowing what they are doing

MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars14 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler