janagall

Color scheme for no decorator

janagall
I do not have any decorating sense! Green tweed love seat, big chair, and ottoman; light color tan leather recliners; light white walls; glass end tables; light color laminate floors. Please help with color scheme, decorating ideas! Thank you!

• Diane Hélène Lalande
    As Mies VanderRohe would say, "Less is more!". When you are trying to create a color scheme, it does not mean that you absolutely have to do something that colorful.
    As a teacher, I always tell my student that color, is one of the last thing we get to chosse.
    The color scheme has to embrace everything else that is in the room.
    Therefore, why don't you go for something light, simple, that will last for many years?
    White, beige, sand colors... Sure Value!

Diane Hélène - Interior designer - Artist
    Wow Great Place
    Pictures of your space would be very helpful here! Be sure they are in jpeg format so they load properly.
    Lumber Liquidators
    A lot of rooms look good with an accent wall and then a few touches of similar colors. I saw this photo on Pinterest earlier, and this is what I thought of when I read your post: http://pinterest.com/pin/163466661446594419/

The colors and decor don't have to be as dramatic, and you don't have to use all the same color either. A lot of great rooms I've seen incorporate pillows, throws, curtains, rugs, etc. with similar colors. Hope this helps!