Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tonyandchris

What color & brand of stain was used on the posts,etc.. Oil based?

tonyandchris
9 years ago
I love all the colors that you picked out. If you could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Ferguson Residence · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    SGK Landscapes
    9 years ago

The stain color is driftwood, it is a semi-transparent exterior stain mixed one gallon of stain to one gallon of clear. The underside tongue and groove is a semi-transparent as well, don't have the name, but it was wiped off to show maximum grain. The roof and gutters any metal roofer can install, it is standing seam metal roof with 6" half barrel gutters with decorative boxes to clean-up the gutter turn. I do believe that the roof color is weathered bronze as well as the gutters. Keep in mind the wood material you are staining on as well, this picture is rough-cut cypress.

• tonyandchris
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks so much for your help! My contractor is trying to find this type of gutters and downspouts and is having trouble finding them AND the fittings to match. We were planning to go with all copper (roof, gutters, etc.) until we saw these and like them just as well and could probably save a good amount of money in this area. If you could tell me the manufacturer of the roof, gutters and downspouts it would be greatly appreciated. Also, was the stain oil or water based and what brand? Thanks again...you have been a great help!

• PRO
    SGK Landscapes
    9 years ago
    Sherwin Williams - Driftwood Semi Transparent exterior stain
    tonyandchris thanked SGK Landscapes