viennah

New floating floor - but now the front door doesn't open!

viennah

The problem is that I live in a condo with strict regulations. The original flooring was an 8mm think laminate flooring. I could not find an 8mm floor I liked, so I put in a 10mm. I installed it over the original subflooring mat, a thick rubber required by the condo regulations. However as I got to the front door (the last area), I realized the new floor was too high for the front door!

The only way to lower the flooring so that I could open and close the front door was to take out the subflooring in that area.

I tried a thinner foam subflooring, but it was still too high.

So I had to put the planks directly on the concrete, which is not only totally against the condo regulations, but also pretty obvious that the floor dips and feels different in that area. This is a pretty high traffic area, not only because it's where the front door opens, but it's also the entrance to the bathroom. (Luckily the bathroom door opens the other way, into the bathroom, so that door does't matter).

What is the thinnest material I can put under a floating floor? I'm seriously considering paper towel lol. So how do I lift the front door? It's a big heavy door, and it doesn't look like it has any room to be adjusted...

I don't know what to do??!!!