0

Question on Kitchenaid Wall Ovens

Carol

I am considering replacing an existing 27" wall oven/microwave combo. The model I like the looks and features of is the Kitchenaid KKEMS379BBL. It looks great, sleek profile and handles, and the microwave can also be used for convection. But the reviews are all over the place. Recent buyers rave about performance, but then their are some horrible reviews out there about Kitchenaid wall ovens' glass breaking or exploding on the self-clean cycle. Has anyone had experience with this oven?

By Any Design Ltd.

I would never buy anything from Kitchen Aid at all. I own a french Split Fridge and it is the single worst appliace I have every seen in all my life and all my years in construction.

• janicedonato
    For every person that has had bad luck with a particular brand appliance, the same number have had good luck and love theirs. Generally speaking, I think it's a crap shoot when you purchase appliances today. Look at reviews, research, make your decision and keep your fingers crossed!
    By Any Design Ltd.

Normally I would agree with that comment but the search results for the leaking Kitchen Aid fridge of mine is the busiest discussion I have ever started. Close to 100 people a day looking for help with their leaking Kitchen Aid fridge freezer.

Sophie Wheeler

KA is just part of the Whirltag JennAid family. Worst customer service around. But, they are a pretty big monopoly, and difficult to avoid unless you want to go the GenFrigidLux direction. They have their drawbacks too. BSH would be my pick if you're wanting to escape them.

BTW, tempered glass can explode at any time. A vessel sink, a shower door, or a window. It happens. It's not considered a defect. It's one of the hazards of tempering glass.

• dawnk47

what brand would you suggest for a refrigerator?? thank you in advance!