Shop Products
megdee1966

Soothing, Relaxing Color Suggestions, Please

megdee1966

Hello, Our living room is due for some TLC. I want to find a color(s) for the walls and ceiling that will help brighten the room, along with make it feel welcoming, relaxing, etc…The floors are hardwood, there is one large bay window in the front and the room is 12'x13'. The colors that we enjoy are green, brown, grey, purple. Any variation or suggestion is welcome. I appreciate you sharing your advice and thoughts. Take good care. :)

• sooz001

What color do you have in artwork, rugs or furniture to work around?

• LORDON Lane
    inspiration
    megdee1966 thanked LORDON Lane
  • megdee1966

Hello, the artwork/accents/misc. jazz around the room is all over the map. :) Honestly, I think that once the room is painted, I will pull items from other places in order to bring it all together. I lack the ability & talent to make things look the way I'd like for them to be---but arranging "new" items on new walls will be a dream come true. :) *I have to mention that I love ALL color; but wouldn't want to use pink or mauve unless it was the only paint color left in the world. ;) Thank you.

• megdee1966

vpryor, thank you for the photo. The wall color does remind me of the current color---however, your picture reminds me that I need to figure out lighting for the room. I like how nice and bright the living area is in the pic; for so long my living room has been too dark, especially at night (I've referred to it as a cave). I have 2 basic lamps at the moment. Thank you. :)

• megdee1966

londonvon, Inspiration is an understatement! Wow. :) I have a question. If I were to choose the Faded Gray by Dunn-Edwards for the walls, how would I choose the right color for the ceiling and the right color for the room "accents", like trim, door frame, etc… We don't have a Dunn-Edwards location in our area…let alone the entire state. :( The good news is that I can take a copy of their color to Home Depot to try and match it as closely as possible. Thank you for the inspiration. :)

• LORDON Lane
    if u choose the faded gray choose a brilliant white to enhance it. a great way to wow a room is make everything thing gray; sofa, area rug, drapes, if there r books cover them in gray. now accent the room w ure accent color that u enjoy w an accent chair, lamps, pillows, art work.
    megdee1966 thanked LORDON Lane
  • LORDON Lane
    since gray is a great neutral, purple or apple green would go great w it.
    megdee1966 thanked LORDON Lane
  • LORDON Lane
    this is my bedroom. it's not in the pic but I accented w aqua n turquoise n chromes.
    megdee1966 thanked LORDON Lane
  • megdee1966

hi londonvon, Thank you for the great color tips and photos. Funny that you mentioned purple & apple green; I tend to use them both in my artwork more than I'd ever care to admit. :) The photos are so bright, clean and relaxing. Your bedroom photo reminds me of a luxurious spa (never been to one, but I've seen pictures! lol). It has to be invigorating to wake up in such a calm environment. :) Thank you, londonvon.

• LORDON Lane
    this is a project I did for my store front apartment. it was a long room so I decided to create a 2nd bedroom at the back using closet systems.
  • LORDON Lane
    looking forward to seeing the final product. enjoy the journey.