Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dtunes

New kitchen plan. What do you think?

Adam
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Hi! I'm extending my kitchen out and remodelling it, I have already chose the kitchen finish and design, more or less, but haven't decided on the distribution and positioning on sizes and openings of doors and windows and have quite a few doubts. This is what i have come up with so far, let me know what you think :)

This is the kitchen finish:

Comments (7)

• wsea
    9 years ago

I would personally find a u-shaped layout better in this space. Put the U on the solid wall at the bottom of the picture and the have the left side for bar stools and put the range, sink and fridge on the other two sides, this frees up your walkways. And keeps people from moving through the kitchen to get to the doors.

• 747.2fra
    9 years ago
    I agree with the comments above. I also wonder about traffic flow with the door. What if someone is working at the sink or oven and someone needs to use the door? An out swing would be slight more preferable but I think I would rearrange. Could the window and door be swapped out?
  • lefty47
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

HI -- To achieve what you want in this kitchen you will/may have to change the windows/doors . On the long main wall on the right you should have the cook top /stove in the middle . Move the peninsula so it is 42 inches from the main counter and have the sink and DW in it . OR reduce to make it an island that has about 40 to 42 inches of space on each end ... with this then you maybe won't need to change the windows . Moving the stove/cooktop to the middle of that long main wall .. then that allows you to have venting . I do not think you should have a U shape kitchen here . So plan out the kitchen without worrying about the doors/windows . Then when the kitchen is to your liking .. then you deal with the doors/windows . But they will or should be dealt with to make the kitchen work properly . I also have another arrangement that might work for you too.

• Adam
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I agree that the peninsular may be too crowded and moving the sink to the back worktop could be the solution. As for the window and the door, i am rebuilding that part of the kitchen so i can put in any type of window or door. However, they are not interchangable since the door leads to the terrace. The stools look a bit cramped like this tbh, but i would like the hob on the peninsular...
  • Adam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I think this is better, but the sink still looks awkward there... as well as the oven tower.

• Adam
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Update...