Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vandylaw06

Paint Color Advice- Small Basement Bathroom Partial Remodel

vandylaw06
9 years ago

Help! I have a small basement bathroom (though it has a high ceiling-7-8 ft-ish) that I am having partially remodeled (basically, the shower had some intense dark brown ceramic wall borders that I had replaced with more travertine tile, the floor was a dirty looking travertine that I had replaced with wood like tile (still needs to be grouted), and I'm replacing the vanity, faucet, toilet, mirror and painting the walls).

The goal of this partial remodel was to simplify the bathroom as much as possible without rebuilding the whole shower. Because I had to work with the existing shower floor and most of the existing shower walls, which are tumbled travertine), I decided to go for what I thought was a modern/rustic look (both of my other bathroom remodels produced white tile-based bathrooms so I am a bit out of my element). Now... I am trying to figure out what paint to use for the walls and hitting a roadblock.

I initially was thinking a mid tone blue-ish gray, but now I am thinking something along the lines of BM Quiet Moments or Gray Cashmere (and generally something lighter, so as to go along with my "simplify" theme and the fact that I tend to gravitate toward either really light or really dark paint colors). I would be up for a white white, but I don't know how that would look with the travertine shower tile.

For reference:

-the fixtures will be oil rubbed bronze

-the floor tile will be grouted with a dark brown grout

-right now, the wall is a builder off white special

-I'm planning on keeping the ceiling a flat white

-a photo of the vanity (cherry wood) is attached (the knob and faucet will be different)

-the paint on the wall to the right of the shower is Glidden Silver Blue Sea (top) and (a weak coat of) BM Sea Glass (bottom)

-most of the lighting in the bathroom will be provided by a single RH outdoor barn sconce, which will provide about the same amount of light in the bathroom as is shown in the attached photo of the partially renovated space.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

Comment (1)