Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
escalier

Do you have the name, color & company of the travertine.Does it have corner tiles or are they cut in 45 degre

escalier
11 years ago
Original Flooring · More Info

Comments (17)

• PRO
    Monetti Custom Homes
    11 years ago
    The tile wraps around both sides.
  • remodel260
    11 years ago
    What is the cost per SQ FT of Realstone?
  • kshavu
    11 years ago
    I just priced it today in Canada. $18/sq ft. Slightly higher for corner pieces.
  • auroraborelis
    10 years ago
    l love the look of this fireplace, however I just ordered a sample of the honed birch from RealStone and it seems to be quite different.
  • kshavu
    10 years ago
    I agree it looks different than this pic. I used it on my fireplace at my cottage. As you can see in the attached image it is not as flat as this stone appears.
  • auroraborelis
    10 years ago
    Thanks! The designer/archetict did respond in another question saying it was a different travertine altogether. I love your fireplace, out of curiousity, what did you use for a mantle?
  • kshavu
    10 years ago
    It isn't really a mantle just a piece of mdf topping off the stone. It's about 2" deep. We didn't have the space for a true mantle.
  • auroraborelis
    10 years ago
    Thanks kshavu! We have to have a non combustable mantel per fireplace manufacture specifications and I was having a difficult time deciding what would work. That said, I just talked to Realstone Systems and they recommended using their hearth pieces as a mantel! Which is a great idea that I did not think of at all! :)
  • escalier
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Kshavu
    I just bought these stones for my fireplace... What color did you use on your walls.. I'm kind of undecided ... It s like I'm not sure that it is that neutral... I feel that I can only use gray or beige with it... What do you think would be nice as accent color for accessories?
    I like your pic.. Nice! Thank you
  • auroraborelis
    10 years ago
    I am pretty sure we will be using the Realstone birch on our fireplace, and coincidentally, we are using Edgecomb grey on the walls, same as in the picture above. My accents are a darker grey and yellow.
  • kshavu
    10 years ago
    Escalier...the colour on the wall above the fireplace is either Edgecomb Grey or or Revere Pewter...whichever is the lighter of the two....can't remember for sure but pretty sure its Edgecomb. It goes really, really nicely with the stone. The other colour in the room was a custom tint done to match some fabric I was going to use for the curtains in the cottage but then changed my mind and didn't use the fabric. Colour is okay but not my first choice. If I had do a do-over I'd use Palladium (sp?) Blue from Benjamin Moore. Its very close to what I have but a little less green. I love that look, but this is a beach house so keep in mind what look you're going for.

Aurora...I wish I'd known about using the hearth material as a mantel...didn't know that was an option. I'm sure it will look great!
  • auroraborelis
    10 years ago
    It will be up in a few weeks, i'll post a pic to this thread! Would be an easy add later if you decided you wanted it.

Oh, and Edgecomb is the lighter color!
  • kshavu
    10 years ago
    Thought so! We used both colours in different spots. Edgecomb is my favourite and would love to paint some of the boring taupe walls in my house. Look forward to seeing your finished space!
  • escalier
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Kshavu
    Thank you for your quick reply... Funny !!! Edgecombe gray from Benjamin Moore was on my list of color...
    Are you happy with the result of the stone and did you have to treat it (meaning a sealer)
    One retailer said we should and the other said we don t have to...
    Thanks again
  • kshavu
    10 years ago
    Yes I love the stone, we didn't treat it, didn't think it would be an issue.