Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nic_moc

Window treatments dilema

Dagmar
9 years ago

I need help. This is our third year in our house. We still don't have any window treatment. We can't afford any designer right now, but we are scared to experiment. We like the pool view and don't want to lose the light. But this looks so unfinished....and all the neighbors can see inside of our house at night. Any ideas? What would you do? Thanks.

Comments (7)

• Dagmar
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mary, thank you I was thinking about it, but all my friends are using very heavy fabric so we couldn't agree on style.... You are the first one to agree with me. Do you think dinning area should have the same curtains or should I separate the areas by choosing something else?

• PRO
    Fine Staging LLC
    9 years ago

I would use the same curtains for both rooms since they're so close to each other and open. It will unify the look. Also make sure the curtains aren't very white..get something off white.

Let me know if you need help picking them!

Dagmar thanked Fine Staging LLC
  • User
    9 years ago

Your windows in the dining area are so pretty, I would hate to take away form them or the view for that matter. What about doing roman shades? It doesn't look like you have much space to do panels on the windows in the living room. Love your chandelier!

Willow Glen Residence · More Info

Dagmar thanked User
  • Dagmar
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Karen, thank you. Wow, those roman shades look very interesting. I even like the fabric on the picture. And yes, you are right, not much space for panels. I do appreciate everybody's idea. I am starting to have some vision in my head.

• User
    9 years ago

nic_moc, after looking at the picture again, since you have 3 windows together in the dining area, it would take a wide roman shade in that space. Another option would be to do simple panels on the windows in dining space and roman shades in the same fabric on windows in living room. I've seen that done nicely. In these pictures, they have done both roman shades and panels but have chosen the same material which I think looks great, too.

Enviable Designs Inc. · More Info

Pemberton Addition/Renovation · More Info

• PRO
    Coastal Design
    9 years ago

I think framing the windows and doors with light weight/sheer fabric panels would look beautiful. I might encourage you to look at fabrics that have a fun texture or pattern and go with a dark hardware color to match the existing hardware you have. The panels will give your rooms more height and if they are unlined/sheer they won't take up too much space.You can always layer these panels with roman shades (or any type of shades!) at a later date if you feel like you need more coverage. :)

Dagmar thanked Coastal Design