Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_52567

Need help deciding how to lay pavers off angled deck steps

I recently had a new deck built over a paver patio. I want to use the extra pavers to create a small patio / extension of walkway off the steps. The steps are angled at maybe like a 110 deg angle. I need help deciding how to lay these out to make it look good. I initally loved the idea of laying the pavers in the exact lines/angles of the steps, then at some point laying the rest horizontally to match the way they are laid on the walkway, but I'm finding lots of little gaps where I'd need little triangular type pieces to be put in. Then after looking at some designs online, was thinking just laying them all horizontally matching the walkway, but then how do I manage the area closest to the steps where I would have lots of corners that would need to be cut out of the pavers? And would this look weird and out of symmetry to the angle of the steps? Here's 2 pics I took of the current Tetris state of the pavers :-/ I do kind of like the asymmetry of it but running into trouble how to fill in those gaps. Maybe I just need to cut full pieces of pavers to fit instead of lots of little pieces (since I'm trying to use as much of what I have already which is not that many cut pieces). Thanks for any ideas you may have!

Comments (2)