0
catalano06

Is the window over the sink one bay window? Or three separate windows?

catalano06
Heart of the Home- Moorestown, NJ · More Info

The McMullin Design Group

Three separate windows.

Portland Millwork, Inc.

By the look of the space between them, it looks like three separate windows.

• catalano06
    How do you frame three separate windows?
    K & C Industries Inc

This looks to be three separate windows

• diyher

so, I guess that means if I want a bay type window over my kitchen sink, it would be best to buy 3 separate sized windows since some bay windows are limited to size?

Avante Windows

The bay window on the picture is made up of 3 separate windows with a wall partitions between each.
    Bay windows we install are made of 3 windows that are joined/connected with matching colour corner post fixed to suit angle of the bay (90 degree for square). From the inside, you won't see it. From the outside, the thickness of the post matches the thickness of the profile window is made of + 4mm approx. Finished effect is as one window with a separate glazing. You can see sample in the gallery of our website www.avantewindows.ie

Showcase Custom Vinyl Windows & Doors

This is a bay window with a large wood panel on either side of the central fixed window (that contains a really neat grid pattern). The narrow windows on the sides open to allow ventilation. So yes, there are 3 separate windows used in combination to appear as a single unit.

Houston Window Experts

I agree with everything above. I would point out that there appears to be a crank at the lower portion of the two side windows. That being the case, the two side windows are likely to be casement or awning windows. (With an SDL about half way up to create a single hung look). Clever, very clever!

Jeff in Houston