Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kelli_clark5

PLEASE HELP! Need ideas on decorating my entire living room area, SEE

Kelli Clark
8 years ago
would like to go with something modern/glam look also simple and clean.

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Design Connection, Inc.
    8 years ago

Hi,

a simple way to go would be darker finish furniture to match your cabinet colors and the shade color. Sofa and chairs could be in a warm gray fabric since your walls seem to be in a warm cream color. For accents, pull out kitchen back splash color and add red and counter top's gold color for pillows. Maybe a nice glass top coffee table with chrome finish on legs to match the hardware on your kitchen cabinetry.

Pull colors from your kitchen back splash and counter top and throw in some gold/red/cream/white combination contemporary abstract artwork on one side of the wall next to the windows. The artwork could go on one side and on the opposite wall, you could add a gold frame mirror for the "glam" look.

And I'm sure you'll be able to find some gold and red accent accessories to put on your coffee table or console table (if you decide to get one). Lamps could be in chrome finish to match hardware and coffee table too.

I'll attach some product photos to give you an idea of what I'm thinking.

Hope I gave you some good ideas! Have fun and good luck!

TRIBECCA HOME Knightsbridge Linen Tufted Scroll Arm Chesterfield Sofa · More Info

Sofa (Chesterfield sofa can give you that modern classic "glam" feel.)

Kubo Coffee Table, Natural Walnut, Long · More Info

Coffee Table

Console Table 4204260 · More Info

Console Table

Elana Wingback Chair, Gray Tweed · More Info

Wing back chairs

Uttermost Leonidas Gold Table Lamp · More Info

Uttermost Abriella Gold Table Lamp · More Info

Lamp ideas

• Avery
    8 years ago

Hi Kelly,

Congrats on your new place.

I saw the 2nd pic below in your ideabook and I think you could emulate something like this in your space.

What is it about this ideabook pic that you like? Is it the room overall, the colors, the furnishings?

What budget are you working with and and what pieces do you need? Do you have any pieces already that you plan on keeping?

Elvis Home · More Info

• Avery
    8 years ago

Finding your rug is many times a great starting point.

The rug above looks like the Ikea Stockholm rug.

And there are other similar styles and designs (in black and white) available too.

• Avery
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

For more of a glam look, you could also consider a faux (black/white) cow hide or zebra rug or perhaps a white or silver shag rug.

• Avery
    8 years ago

A few sofa style ideas.....