Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arita

Floor tile: is this tile Brillo or polished?

arita
8 years ago
I'd like to get this tile but I can't find the exact name you stated from Porcelanosa. Is it just Brillo or is it Brillo polished? Thanks!!
Contemporary Bathrooms · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Claudia Interior Design
    8 years ago

The wall tile is called Marmol Carrara Blanco, and the floor tile is called Marmol Carrara Blanco polished. I am assuming different names because of the different sizes. I believe I recall that either can be unpolished. Something you would need to ask a sales person at Porcelanosa. I hope this helped! http://www.porcelanosa-usa.com/home/products/tile/wall.aspx/d=37529/title=Marmol_Carrara_Blanco_ http://www.porcelanosa-usa.com/home/products/tile/floor.aspx/d=38712/title=Marmol_Carrara_Blanco_Brillo

arita thanked Claudia Interior Design
  • arita
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you for answering me so quickly. I've been working with a Porcelanosa sales person who stated I can't get that floor tile in polished. It has to be Marmol Carrara Blanco Brillo it comes in 17X17 and 23X23- the sample has a bit of gloss (not dull) but looking closely you can tell it has a film too - I guess to prevent slipping? Did the floor tile in this picture have that bit of film too?

I really want the polished look and will deal with slipping on my own... I even thought of buying the wall tile for the floor, but the Porcelanosa sales person tells me they don't recommend the polished wall tile for the floor because it will crack. So frustrating! Any suggestions? I appreciate your advice.

• PRO
    Claudia Interior Design
    8 years ago

It was was definitely polished. I remember mentioning the slip issue to my client. She didn't care. Maybe they changed that. The best way to see whether or not you like it, is to request a sample. That way you can make sure.

arita thanked Claudia Interior Design
Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm