Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
richard_mackenzie

Looks hard to keep clean

Having a mirror as backsplash behind a stovetop seems like a cleaning nightmare! Mirrors are hard enough to keep looking clean, but with greasy mist from cooking I can see the need to do a thourough cleaning (including moving aside and replacing all the countertop items) after every use of the stove. Am I missing something? But I sure do like the look.
My Houzz: Deby and Vivek · More Info

Comments (3)

• Diane Smith
    8 years ago

I've had a mirrored backsplash behind my stove for 8 years now and I still absolutely love it. Easiest surface to clean, I have used Windex or even ceramabrite or even whatever was in my hand for cleaning my cooktop stove i.e., Corning's Cleaner and conditioner. No grout lines no difficulty, if something is caked on the surface, then I use a glass scraper that you would use to scrape off your granite counter. My other backsplash wall (behind the sink) is also glass, but a coat of "tomato" colour of paint behind the glass, what an impressive professional look, just like McDonald's glass wall panels. Follow the trends, visit McDonald's for ideas, after all they do have expensive designers working for them.

• ectheboss24
    8 years ago
    I am seriously thinking about have a mirrored backsplash in my new kitchen. I had one in "95". Loved it, really easy to clean. I have been seeing it pop up every now and then on Houzz. I will probably go for a piece of stainless steel panel behind my cooktop.
  • pattierobertson
    7 years ago

is your backsplash tempered glass so the heat does not affect it?