Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
danywo

I NEED HELP FOR MY LIVING CEDAR LIVING ROOM

Danielle Woolley
8 years ago

TO MUCH WOOD AND NEED MORE LIGHT. i AM AFARAID TO PAINT REAL CEDAR WOOD LOGS.

HELP

Comments (14)

• hayleydaniels
    8 years ago

Love your house! And I agree, DON'T paint the cedar logs.

Is that tract lighting up on the beams? If so, use it.

Use daylight bulbs in your lamps, and use as high a wattage as possible. I would also place a floor torchiere lamp in the room to reflect light up.

George Kovacs One Light Torchiere with Reading Lamp, Nickel · More Info

• Danielle Woolley
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you .It is a tract lighting up on the beams and I use it.

• Lila
    8 years ago

Very pretty room; I usually say paint but not here. I would start by replacing the table lamps for something higher with a much larger shade in a light colour.

• Danielle Woolley
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I tought about that idea and I agree. It is less scary. Especialy that my tables are solid teak wood. So alote of different kind of woods. I should maybe start with the table lamps to harmonize my living-room. (bad spelling=I am french)Thank you for you comments. DANY

• Danielle Woolley
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I agree. Specialy that my table lamps are solid teack wood. Less scary to start there instead of painting the room. (mistake in writing-=I am french). Thank you Lila for your comments. Dany

• sandradclark
    8 years ago

It is a lovely room & you have furnished it to make it look bright & cheery

• Danielle Woolley
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you Sandra but the problem it does not look bright enough. Dany

• Dar Eckert
    8 years ago

Too much wood. Perhaps you should choose one wood surface to paint. If you like the walls then paint the ceiling. Mirrors would definitely help as would some other reflective surfaces. Light rug on the floor. I think the white sofa is just too much of a contrast with the dark walls maybe something bright instead of white like a celery colored sofa or pillows. I love your teak coffee table. Maybe take the end tables and use them in a bedroom and get something with contrast. Good luck!

Danielle Woolley thanked Dar Eckert
  • Danielle Woolley
    Original Author
    8 years ago

THANK YOU Dany

• sandradclark
    8 years ago

I do agree with having larger lamps. And an area rug will also be beneficial. I also didn't realize until Dar mentioned it. The light furniture is nice however it is the contrast that makes the wood appear darker.

Can you get a colored sheet to place over the sofa to see if that will help. Just as a trial. Perhaps a teal color.

Danielle Woolley thanked sandradclark
  • sandradclark
    8 years ago

I do not think you will need to do any painting of the beautiful wood. Perhaps adding more colors which do not contrast as much will do the trick.

Danielle Woolley thanked sandradclark
  • 2dogssashatess
    7 years ago

If you want to keep the wood ceiling, floor and walls and would make the furniture white ( no wood, you have enough wood) and get a big light colored rug on the floor

• PRO
    OasisDesign&Remodeling
    7 years ago
    No to painting any of this. I think people try to fight their environment & it ends up looking worse. Either go with the current environment or drastically change if to something more to your liking. Trying to mix 2 diverse styles creates too much contrast & use of force, which never reveals well. Painting this epic & elegant wood will never get you there.