carolyn_prien

Help with paint colors, please!!!!

Carolyn
I'm trying to create a unified scheme for multiple spaces and having such a hard time. We have an open concept kitchen, breakfast eating area, and sitting area that I'm doubling for my 13month old daughter to have a playspace while I'm in the kitchen.
Our kitchen cabinets and all the trim in the house is painted simply white by BM. Her playspace is 50% Galveston grey by BM and the beat board on the island and on the peninsula is 100% Galveston. Our subway tile is pumice and the dining room off our kitchen is Ashley gray by BM.
My original plan was to paint the hallway and breakfast nook in 50% Galveston as well and use 100% under the chair rail.

My issue now is once on walls with the lighting, it seems to be too similar in hues. Ideas?! The one I have going is to create an accent under the chair rail and use Kendall charcoal and keep the 50% Galveston since the space is lighter with the skylights. I could add accent with curtains and the new table we need to buy. But then my issue is what color table? And how to pull in the red couch with decor? Our kitchen and pendants are contemporary but I'd like to incorporate some comfortable pieces that make it feel like a home. Maybe a distressed wood table with a bench and chairs? I'd LOVE love love any and all ideas. I'm overwhelmed and too close to it all!

Comment (1)