Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
finleygo

What size is the kitchen sink (not the prep sink in the island)? What is it made of?

finleygo
11 years ago
Classical Kitchen · More Info

Comments (8)

• subeeskitchen
    11 years ago
    Stainless steel - Franke brand (middle of the road - not high-end).
  • Eleanore T
    11 years ago
    Subee-why did you go for this style sink and not a farm sink? i requested a farm sink on my kitchen renovation proposal but it's pricey.
  • Eleanore T
    11 years ago
    Hi Subee-new question about banquette seating. Do you use it? Is it functional? My husband ("the expert") seems to think it won't get utilized and not worth the cost. I told him I would ask the real expert (you). Should i stick with my table and chairs or build this into my new design?
  • subeeskitchen
    11 years ago
    We do use it all the time - for meals as well as for morning coffee. We might use it even more if the table were a pedestal table vs. one w/four legs. The legs make it a little difficult to get around to the back cushion. We usually just pull the table out to let people get in. Besides the "custom"/built-in look, a built-in banquette also offers the bonus of extra storage. Can you ever have enough storage?
  • shirinjoone
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Darn wish I read these comments before I dished out $2100 on my Franke apron sink:( no answer to what size sinks specially in the island please
  • subeeskitchen
    10 years ago
    Dear Houzz-ers - Apologies, but since learning that at least one dubious designer (in IL) has been passing off my kitchen as her work, I've decided not to answer/post additional spec questions.
  • shirinjoone
    10 years ago
    You have been more than generous with your answers, thank you .