Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cdrewc

How comfortable is the built in seating around fire pit?

Drew
11 years ago
JUst curious as i am about to redo a patio/terrace with a gas fire pit. I like the aesthetics of some built in seating and sure you can soften it with some cushions; but not sure how comfortable it will be if you are planning on spending a lot of time around the fire when company is in. Seems like furniture might be more comfy and has the advantage of being able to move it closer or away from the firepit depending on the temp. Just wanted anyones thoughts or experience with it. Thanks much:)
Lake House Two - Exterior · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    McClellan | Tellone
    11 years ago
    Hi,
    I agree, furniture is going to be much more comfortable than the stone bench. Having a combination is nice since the bench can be used for over flow seating or even as a buffet for cocktail hour. In this case, the bench is really part of the architecture of the home and helps balance the exterior facade. It's a big element in this outdoor patio, but I bet the home owners sit in the comfy chairs.
  • Drew
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Haha! I bet they do too. I do like your suggestion for other uses though; and it does look nice. Thanks for your reply:)