houzzsupport

houzzsupport
April 4, 2011
As a professional, I am concerned about the security of my photos on Houzz.com. How do you protect my photos?

• houzzsupport
    Under our Terms of Use, you retain ownership of the copyright in your photographs that you submit to Houzz. Additionally, our Terms of Use provide that site users may use our site solely for personal, non-commercial purposes and that, while users are permitted to print a reasonable number of copies of web pages (which would include submitted photographs) for personal, non-commercial use, they must retain all copyright notices, and are required to reproduce the web pages in their entirety without modification.

We also use technical means to restrict unauthorized copying. However, as is the case with any website, knowledgeable users can circumvent such restrictions through screen capture utilities and other means. Please let us know if you have any further questions about copyright protection and the Houzz website by emailing us at support@houzz.com.
  • dakgirl77
    how do I remove previous design dilemmas?
  • Emily H
    Hi there,

Discussion posts are not generally removed since it is disruptive to the other users who have commented there as well. If there is one that you feel should be taken down, please shoot us an email at support(at)houzz.com with a link and we can take a look for you.
    Digital Art & Design
    If under your TOS we retain ownership and copyright of our photographs, then why is this in your TOS? "you authorize us and our affiliates, licensees and sublicensees, without compensation to you or others, to copy, adapt, create derivative works of, reproduce, incorporate, distribute, publicly display or otherwise use or exploit such Content throughout the world in any format or media (whether now known or hereafter created) for the duration of any copyright or other rights in such Content, and such permission shall be perpetual and may not be revoked for any reason. Further, to the extent permitted under applicable law, you waive and release and covenant not to assert any moral rights that you may have in any Content posted or provided by you."

That is not retaining ownership or showing any respect for an artist or their work. You or anyone who is an affiliate, et al can use our art without compensation or permission? And you can copy, adapt, and create derivative works? Exploit?

How is that in any way beneficial to a professional artist who's living is earned by their art?
    0neClickatatime
    waiting to see the reply to Digital Art & Design's remark...
    Bradshaw Kirchofer Home
    In addition how could I ensure my photo credit stays with the photo? I don't want to watermark as it does not look good
  • Emily H
    Anywhere your photo appears on the Houzz site, it links to your professional profile with all accompanying information you have provided there.
    Vintage Kitchens
    Me too -- also awaiting the answer to Digital Art & Design's question. If you look elsewhere in the FAQ's, clearly many "professionals" are asking about using other people's photos on their blogs, etc.
    MTI Baths
    Is it a violation of any terms/conditions to share a photo of a bathroom design that features a product of ours in the design to our houzz page?
    Hampton Closet Company

My cabinetwork is shown in a photograph submitted to houzz by the project architect. i'd like to display the picture on my blog as an example of my work. Is that ok?

• Arizona Snoopy
    if professionals are concerned about retaining rights to their posted images, they should not post. The agreement is clear. If you disagree, don't participate!