Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
apliburdi

What color should I paint the walls light grey or beige?

apliburdi
8 years ago
What colors could I use for accent pillows ? Not sure if I like this rug? Any options ? Should I buy beige colored rug ??

Comments (16)

• Melissa
    8 years ago
    Since the couch is beige, you can pretty much use any color for accent pillows that you want. Here are some Houzz examples of ways to accent a beige couch

Great Neighborhood Homes - Spring Parade of Homes #307 - Edina, MN · More Info

Moore Street · More Info

The Notting Hill · More Info

Family Room2 · More Info

https://www.houzz.com/photos/2012-projects-contemporary-living-room-los-angeles-phvw-vp~2848807

You can keep the same rug if you accent the room with color.
    apliburdi thanked Melissa
  • jck910
    8 years ago

Hard to tell but it looks like rug is gray. I'm not fond of gray and beige together but you might be. Decide on a rug before choosing paint color.

apliburdi thanked jck910
  • ashtonchic
    8 years ago

What else is going on in the room? Paint color should come naturally from what else is going on. Without more info it's hard to be very helpful. Here are some things that looked fun for your room.

The Usual Suspects Loft Art by Avery Tillmon at Art.com · More Info

Field of Sunflowers with Holm Oaks Loft Art by Felipe Rodriguez at Art.com · More Info

Pug on a Bike Loft Art by Ryan Fowler at Art.com · More Info

INSPIRE Q Nelson Industrial Modern Rustic Cocktail Table - Overstock Shopping - · More Info

apliburdi thanked ashtonchic
  • apliburdi
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Do u like this one ??
  • apliburdi
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Do u like this area rug !?
  • ashtonchic
    8 years ago

I think those rugs are really nice. I'd make sure that the undertones of your couch are the same as the rug though. The rugs look like they have a pink undertone and your couch looks like it has a yellow undertone. Hard to tell on the computer. Do you have them at home where you can try them?

apliburdi thanked ashtonchic
  • jck910
    8 years ago

Agree with ashtonchic you need to coordinate couch and rug

• Megan Bowman
    8 years ago
    I definitely like the rug you added at 11:02. That gives you a nice neutral palette to work from. Now you need to add some color in throw pillows and paint. You could do about anything with the neutral base.
    apliburdi thanked Megan Bowman
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Yes, the rug should be in the beige family because that is a big sofa and needs to be grounded. I suggest accomplishing that by choosing a plusher rug in the same tone as the sofa. Put the color on your walls...in a darker sage green. Go with a strong fabric for sofa pillows...keep them from sliding and again, support, the feel of heft of the sofa. Nothing dainty or delicate for your room.

Hand Woven Naya Beige Shag Area Rug · More Info

apliburdi thanked JudyG Designs
  • apliburdi
    Original Author
    8 years ago

If i go with darker color on walls should drapes be beige or same color family as walls?

• Melissa
    8 years ago

The drapes should be a lighter color for sure. If you are going to paint the room darker make sure there is very good lighting in the room. Otherwise it will feel like a dungeon.
    You can also do the drapes in the colors you decide for accent pillows

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    8 years ago

Let's say you choose the beige rug I suggested to you...the lightest color...an off white, choose a lined slubby linen drape to the floor. Hang on black rods.

Off-white linen curtain panels · More Info

Dark paint does not necessarily translate to gloomy. If a color is saturated and rich, it can actually enhance the feel of the room and make it feel bigger. When walls are darker, you do not see the shadows in the corners, so those boundaries almost disappear.

Beige in a small room accentuates all the angles and pulls walls in, often doing exactly opposite your intention in painting light.

• apliburdi
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    So my room is coming together thanks for all the suggestions !
  • Jean Benelli
    8 years ago

I like the blue pillows. In the future when you need a new rug, find one with a blue pattern in it with touches of yellow. Something above the mantle could be next on the list. A large painting you like or a mirror.

• miacometlady
    8 years ago
    Grey and beige with hint of pale blue
Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!