houzzsupport

houzzsupport
April 6, 2011
How can I organize photos by project?

• Emily H
    For sure! Just go to the ideabook, click "organize" and you can edit the comments or move photos to other ideabooks.
    Sepi Shams Design
    I'm looking for the same feature Busby Cabinets and D for Design are asking for :) Thank you for developing the program....I can't wait!
    Creative Garden Spaces
    I did finally figure it out...Even though the form says "name" at the top you still have to enter the project name in the "project" area. That worked for the new projects I have entered. For the old ones, I had to go to each photo and name the project (quite time consuming). Hope that helps.
  • Emily H
    You guys might be interested in a new feature that got released a few minutes ago.

If you go to your profile and view your projects, you can now click and drag them with your mouse to reorder them. (The projects as a whole, not the photos inside.)
    D for Design
    Yeah! Thank you for making it so!
    D for Design
    oh wait . . . good start, please continue to work on photo arranging. Thanks.
    Sepi Shams Design
    Thank you Emily, yes great start. It'd be very helpful to have this feature for project photos, and also to have better editting features available for labeling, batch photos, etc. Looking forward to the improvements.
    Amaris Custom Homes
    Hi Emily, Any updates on the progress of the drag and drop feature inside a project? Really looking forward to this feature!
  • Emily H
    Hi there, It's coming soon, but I don't have an exact date yet. Should be sometime in the next week or two. Should be great!
    Doorex
    Is there a way to organize ideabooks, similar to the drag and drop feature of the project organization? I want to have them in a different order than alphabetical. Thx!
  • Emily H
    Hi Doorex, Yep! Works the same way. Just go to your profile and view your ideabooks then click and drag them ito the order you want.

Also, all project organization tools are now active for professionals. :)
    Sepi Shams Design
    Great news Emily! I'll look into it, thanks a bunch.
    Baltimore Architectural Detail LLC
    This is already a really, really well thought out interface template. I can't see anything missing right now...
    Annie Hall Interiors
    How do I imbed my name on my photos?
    Baltimore Architectural Detail LLC
    HOUZZ does it for you. Whenever an image occurs outside your profile or page, it has your company name on it
    Appliances Connection
    Hi Emily, I added a bunch of pictures to my ideabooks but I can't seem to add the same details to them as I can in projects. I have connected a bunch of photos and I don't want to have to save all the pictures on my computer and upload them just to have them in projects. What can I do? Also, people have been adding my pictures to their ideabooks which is great but they all seem to be the uploaded photos. Are the photos in my ideabooks not searchable?
  • Emily H
    We've sent you an email from support @appliances connection!
  • CindySch
    I uploaded a photo, but how do I add it to an existing book?
  • Emily H
    Hi there, If you go to the photo and click Edit, you can add it to a project on the edit screen. Hope that helps!
    Summitt Forest Products
    I added three projects, and somehow there is now a fourth project added that is the same as one of the other three, with different description. How do I delete it?
  • Emily H
    Hi there,

For any project you have created, you can go to that project, click Edit and there will be a link to delete it.
    Synergy Design & Construction
    Is there a way to organize "Before Photos" so they don't just look like all the rest of the photos within a Project? For example, linking them to a specific after photo so that you can only see the "Before" after you click on the 'after'? I have just been putting "Before Photos" towards the end within my projects, but it would be nice if they could be more differentiated so they don't distract from the pretty after pictures (the main ones I want people to see). Thanks!
    Leigh Newport Staged by Design®
    Let me know when you find out. I haven't posted any "before" photos just for that reason.
    Creative Garden Spaces
    Not sure if this is what you are talking about but, you can rearrange the photos once you get them into a project file by click and hold on a photo you want in a different location. I place a before photo and then an after photo right next to it so when people are scrolling through the whole file they can see the transformation.
    Lisa Tharp Design
    If I rearrange photos into new projects, will clients and Houzz users still be able to find them using old links in their Ideabooks, please?
  • Emily H
    Hi Lisa, The links in the ideabooks go to the exact picture, so if you rearrange the photos into new projects, the individual saved photos will not be affected. Hope that helps!
    Lisa Tharp Design
    Thanks for a timely reply, Emily!
    Canvas Champ
    This is good but I want know how can we add projects images in ideabook with tag? If we add any image from our project into ideabook then I press left key and choose open and newwindow or tab so is this allow to give tag? please give me answer if yes then give me steps and if not then give me reason?
    JerryLiu
    how can i edit all the photos i uploaded to my project at one time? include the key words, description, and categories of them etc. at the same time? just cannot find where to go...
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    If you select the project you want to add keywords to, click Edit and then make sure you're viewing the photos in Medium (upper right corner). From there you can edit your keywords in one place.
    JerryLiu
    @Jeannie Nguyen thanks a lot, find it.
    Zachary Books and Home School Supplies
    HI! In the past, I use to be able to choose whether I want to upload to a project or an ideabook. Have you taken out that feature? What about the ability to move images from a project to an ideabook? Also, when I now upload photos to an ideabook, I can't give it it's name, category, links, just like we do in a project. I used to be able to do that before. Have you also taken out that feature?
    JerryLiu
    hi, can Not move picture or pictures from a project to an ideabook...kinda suck. only to move photos fm a project to another. or fm ALL PHOTOS move them ONE BY ONE, to yr ideabook...

and also suck, you have to upload yr pictures in an project to edit their name, category, links and it's the Only way to do that...not in an ideabook... maybe im not familiar of using Houzz so far, but that's what i find out
    hurst visual solutions
    I have one project that I started in the before and after discussions. I started with 4 ugly photos, but have uploaded to the project 18 more that walk people through this room... but the project shows up with only those 4 original before photos, and I've tried every editing, move to project, select photo, move to project and the project shows I have 24 photos, but the discussion in before after remains with only 4 photos. Can anyone help? I've worked hours on this. Photos added to project are just not showing up in the discussion.
    The Beautiful Bed Company
    Hello, do you know why the "add image tag" option does not show up on all our product pictures?
    purehome
    Thanks Emily! Now, next question- We have all of our products in one project folder- we need to allocate them to the correct categories of Project Books. The "edit" option is not available- just "embed." Solutions, please ;)
    Andrew Frost Interiors
    The new feature enabling us to move photos around within a project is great. I would also like to be able to organise the order of photos in the "All Photos" file that seems to be created automatically. How can I do this please?
    Jim Kuiken Design
    I have tried to change a photo in a set to be the cover or first photo however it does not change. Is there another way to achieve this? Thanks
    JerryLiu
    I think you could go to the project, and edit it. and remember, to edit them in the list of M, right down the edit project button. then you can see buttons on each picture. the rest you can handle
  • Silvia Elizondo
    Silvia Elizondo
    WrightBuilt
    I've been able to organize photos within a project, but the feature photo cannot be changed! How do you select the large photo (aka the feature photo) for a project?
    Bill Fry Construction - Wm. H. Fry Const. Co.
    Edit project.
    On the photo you want to have as project cover photo, click the little box on the upper right hand side to select the photo for editing.
    Then a little box will show up below and check that box for "set as project cover photo"
    Here's a Houzz tutorial, but some of the features in it are no longer available (such as adding more information about the photo from that screen, which I miss):
    http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/3594904/list/Houzz-Tools--Edit-Photos-and-Projects-With-Ease
    :) Rhoda
    WrightBuilt
    Thanks, Bill. It works, but you only need to hover your mouse over the image, and then the hidden box will appear on the bottom left of the image. I manage a number of photo sites, but this is a new one on me. Thanks for the assist!
    and so it does - good to know you don't have to select it first.
    :) Rhoda
    KAS Rugs & Home
    Has anyone found a way to move existing pictures to projects? The edit option lets me move them from ideabook to ideabook but not from ideabook to a project. Thoughts?
  • Emily H
    Hi KAS, It sounds like you are in the edit Ideabook view. If you go to your project and click on the photo itself, then hit Edit, you should be able to change which project it appears in. Hope that helps!
    Transitional Designs, LLC
    Hi - I'd like to add links to my account - please advise - thank you. BTW all the info on organizing pictures is great! Thanks again for all that information.
  • Emily H
    Hi Transitional Designs, Can you shoot us a message through support.houzz.com with some details on what links you would like to add and we can help you there. Thanks!
    The. BrownHouse. Interiors
    I can not find where to create a project I have uploaded all pics but they are in an idea book not a project and I want others to be able to see it
  • Emily H

Hi there, Can you message us through support.houzz.com? Our team there can help you and also get your ideabooks converted for you.