Looks too much like a kitchen!

216teach
11 years ago
Master Bath Retreat · More Info

Comments (13)

• 216teach
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    perhaps the cabinetry, I'm by no means discounting the work, it's second to none! Maybe if the marble were another color or the floor. More importantly if the client likes it, I love it!
  • PRO
    Kayron Brewer, CMKBD / Studio K B
    11 years ago
    Thank you, I was just really curious as to the thought behind it. I could also see a darker counter in this scenario; that would be very handsome! I have seen some limestones that are a warm grey/ brown color, and that would also be wonderful on the floor with the lighter counters. Thank you for your input.
  • 216teach
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Oh my pleasure, keep doin what U do, U do it well!
  • hsporch
    11 years ago
    WHAT TYPE OF DOOR DID YOU USE?
  • kacrowe
    11 years ago
    I love it! I have put it in my idea book twice not knowing it was all ready there. It's light, bright and has clean lines. Sometimes bathrooms are designed with very dark tones and then they look too
    masculine.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Thank you, kacrowe. To hsporch, the door is a shaker style, but has a detail on the inside profile. I believe in Woodharbor is was called the Madison with Double Hip inside profile.
  • neitz
    11 years ago
    I love it, too. My cabinet-maker has seen this photo many times as I had him use it for my inspiration/guide.
  • lyrics1967
    11 years ago
    Can you tell me the dimensions of the framing you used around the mirrors? My husband wants to know how wide the trim boards are. Also, we have a question about the electrical outlet on the tower seen, down close to the counter surface. How are the drawers operational with the electrical box that has to house that outlet? Seems like that would interfere? Thanks so much. We are at this very moment copying your design, I'm so excited!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Approximately 6-7" , depends on the math of the layout and sconces, of course. The drawer box is modified, but still usable.
  • lyrics1967
    11 years ago
    Well, we are fortunate enough to be able to use your dimensions. So we're sticking to that. You have been the most helpful, confident designer I have seen on here. Thank you so much for your timely and thorough answers. You been a huge help!
  • neitz
    11 years ago
    I agree with Lyrics. I appreciate your prompt and helpful replies. We did a modified version of this and had to use 9" wide trim boards for the lights, but my sconces are 5.5" wide so that's okay. We also have our electrical in the backsplash, but I like the placement of these better. We also put an outlet in one upper drawer so that I could leave my hair dryer plugged in. (I will post a photo when it is done since we still just have the unpainted cabinets in place.)
  • lyrics1967
    11 years ago
    Neitz, I am glad you and Kayron mentioned the size of the sconces. That totally factors into how wide you not only want the mirror frames but how wide you NEED the mirror frames. Glad you supported Karyon's comment on that. I truly would have overlooked that detail.....until it was too late. And my scones have already been BARGAINED purchased and cannot be returned. Thanks