Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nina_hudson22

Rearranging studio flat

Nina Hudson
8 years ago
Hello! I'm a long time lurker but first time poster and have already got some great ideas from the many clever minds on this page but I was wondering if anybody could help me with where to put my furniture in my flat.

It's a big space, very long and the problem is there's only one window. There's a small window to the kitchen and that side was initially where I had the living area but figured it makes more sense to be the dining area. But now it all looks empty and crammed down one end!

I'd appreciate any help, thanks so much!!

Comments (14)

• Nina Hudson
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Sorry forgot to add, the dark area next to the kitchen is the hallway to the entrance and bathroom etc, can't do anything with that space really
  • W
    8 years ago
    Is the space long enough to try this? It will open up the entertaining area so it will feel less crowded. Plus if the bed isn't under the window you can see out it when you're in bed.
  • Nina Hudson
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thanks w brown! That was my initial plan too but my TV isn't huge the space is quite wide so wall to wall makes everything seem really far away unfortunately
  • Nina Hudson
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thats exactly how the bed is now too, just that the window is on a slight diagonal so you might not be able to tell in the photo
  • Alexandra
    8 years ago
    I would try moving the bed and the shelf on the left wall. put the tv on the wall opposite the current location and put the couch where the tv is now. Also, I would put the couch flush with the shelf unit.
  • Alexandra
    8 years ago
    Sorry, hard to see. I thought that your tv. I think it is an emply box. I would out the couch against the wall where the big box is on the left.
  • Nina Hudson
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Azotova the wall that's opposite the tv now is the one with the kitchen window, do you mean there?
  • Nina Hudson
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Yeah sorry about that!! Like the previous plan but the opposite, no? The problem is the width of the apartment, it's really wide so everything seems so far away if I put everything against opposite walls. Arghhh I'm at a loss as to what to do!
  • Alexandra
    8 years ago
    Sorry, I meant the bed, the shelf and the couch against the left wall and the tv under the map you have hanging under the wall. Your bedroom nook widow is to the left, it would also help to have less light beaming in your eyes as you sleep. It will also help pouf light into your living room.
  • Alexandra
    8 years ago
    The key is to balance out the walls by art and floating shelves. your dining room can definitely use a big piece of colorful, bright art.
  • Alexandra
    8 years ago
    sorry, typing from a phone with fat fingers. lol. please let me know if my typos are too confusing.
  • Alexandra
    8 years ago
    I would actually take the 3 pieces of art near the kitchen and do a gallery wall out of them in the space where the little colorful art is now (on the left wall in the picture with the kitchen windown).
  • Nina Hudson
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I love that idea!!!! Thanks!
  • Alexandra
    8 years ago
    Sorry for my multiple posts, I got another idea. Try turning the dining room table around so that it is long, instead of wide (if that makes sense). It will help fill the dinning space better, will be more invitting (more likely to eat at the table) and will flow well with the flow I mentioned earlier.

Please post updated pics. Would love to see the progress and will invite more seasoned regulars to chime in.