0
Find the right pro for your project

St. Charles Cabinets

martakwiatek
I am looking to do St. Charles Cabinets for our MCM home in Detroit. I found some that were in someone elses home. Would you suggesting using them or buying new.
Retro Kitchen Remodel · More Info
    Bachmann Construction
    Depending on condition, I'd suggest you use them. Look for a reputable cabinet painter in town. They should be able to recondition them for you, and might need repainting every few years if chips develop. They're made of steel, they were built to last, if the number available works for your room, why not?
  • martakwiatek
    They seem to be in somewhat good condition based on my friend's assessment who checked them out for me since she resides in the city where they are located. I am assuming that these St. Charles cabinets were original to the house. Have you come across an issue with trying to find parts for these cabinets? Apparently St. Charles of NY no longer does any manufacturing so where would one go and get additional parts if needed? Thank you again! Marta
    Bachmann Construction
    The cabinets in the photo above are new, the hardware is by Blum. Finding hardware for vintage cabinets will be challenging. I would suggest you start with a retro blog like: www.retrorenovation.com. Best of luck!
  • martakwiatek
    Thank you!

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us at 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun)