Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jessica_louise

New Build - Kitchen Cab Color Conflict!

Jessica Louise
8 years ago

Hello all!

My husband and I are building our first home. I have found so many comments on here very helpful. I'm finding myself very conflicted on what cabinet choices to make for the kitchen.

I prefer a transition/classic style with clean lines and rich natural woods. My husband really wants to go two toned on the island, but I'm not convinced.

So far we have selected:

Design: There is also a set of cabinets you can't see on the right that will house a second wall oven and built in microwave and a set of upper & lower cabinets between the kitchen and dining room serving as a butler's pantry.

Cabinet style: Homecrest Brenner with a 5 piece

Granite Color: River White

Floors: Shaw 2 1/4" Solid Hardwood in Coffee Bean

Backsplash: None as of now (will do after the house is complete).

Wall Color (for now): We are painting the whole house some light toned grey. The options I'm considering are SW Repose Grey and 50%, SW On the Rocks, BM Moonshine, BM Grey Owl at 50%

Appliances: All GE Stainless

Knobs: Chrome or Brushed Nickle (either C cup or bar).

So here are my choices:

1. I know I want a mostly (if not all) white kitchen. Should I go with a true white or french vanilla (white with a hint of grey similar to BM White Dove...maybe a little creamier). The also have an ivory which is very yellow. When I compare the French Vanilla to the Ivory the FV looks white. I'm concerned stark white will be too bright

2. The island: Should i go with a dark island similar to the color of the floor, an all french vanilla kitchen OR the grey color shown in the sample kitchen above. I LOVE the grey but am super concerned about it being too trendy and have the same concern with the two tone island. Click HERE to see the door color options on the website

Thank you SO much for your input.

My best,
Jessica

Comments (7)