Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gmbrady1

Are there wiindows on either side of the french doors?

Johanna Brady
8 years ago
We are building a house and I want French doors in my family room instead of sliders that the builder is putting in. There are also two sets of two windows on either side of the doors. I think it doesn't look symmetrical and want something more sleek. I just wanted to make sure these are stationery windows. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Atherton Estate · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Design Studio -Teri Koss
    8 years ago

The doors in this photo are actually sliders. The center doors slide open opposite each other giving us a clear 6' opening. The "doors" on either side are in fact fixed windows. This gave us the french door look and the wide opening that we wanted but we did not have the doors swinging into the room. This house was built for the Speculation market in 2002. Thanks!

• Johanna Brady
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I like this idea. I will have to see if my builder can do something like this instead of their current design. Thanks for answering my question.

• Johanna Brady
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Would it be possible for you to tell me the manufacturer of this door and where I can get the model number? thanks again.

• PRO
    Design Studio -Teri Koss
    8 years ago

That was many years ago but I am guessing that they were Andersen windows

• PRO
    Andersen Windows + Doors
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Here are a couple looks that may be helpful to you. The first one is two opposite sliding doors that meet in the middle. The second picture is a hinged patio door with fixed panels on each side. Let us know if you have any questions.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio