Your shopping cart is empty.
lovlyspirit

Countertops

lovlyspirit
February 6, 2013
I love your kitchen. It's breathtaking. Could you please share the type/ color countertops used? Thank you.
Classical Kitchen · More Info

Comments (12)

• subeeskitchen
    Island is honed Calcutta Gold marble and perimeters are honed pietra cardoza.
  • sbriglio
    is pietra cardoza a granite also, how is the honed for kids do u see stains
  • subeeskitchen
    Pietra isn't a granite -- it's softer. (But it's still a rock.) No stains. I think honed is easier to maintain, because fingerprints and acid etchings (a risk w/marble) don't show up as easily.
  • sbriglio
    is it on the greay side like balck absoulte honed turns out
  • subeeskitchen
    There is a lot of variation in pietra -- some lots will be solid and dark gray (and it gets darker after sealing), and some will be light gray with big white blobs/veins, and some will be like mine, which is dark and light gray streaked. I would make sure to personally select/approve the slabs and not just specify generic "Pietra".
  • sbriglio
    thank you love the kitchen
  • kmarsek
    You can avoid wine and food stains on honed marble by sealing it every so often.
  • Eleanore T
    Subee-what was your reasoning for pietra on perimeter versus marble like on the island? Is there a cost savings? Or was it for aesthetic reasons? Thanks.
  • subeeskitchen
    It was mostly for aesthetic reasons -- I wanted a darker stone to ground all the white in the space. I also wanted something darker next to the stovetop as an extra measure against staining. I looked for a natural stone with some "movement" to mimic the marble, and ended up going with the pietra. Considered soapstone but all the slabs I saw had too much of a greenish cast for my overall color scheme.
  • sbriglio
    Do u have a seam in the island with the marble
  • subeeskitchen
    No seam. You do not want a seam on an island! (especially with marble)
  • eleanorcurry

I have a seam in my island with carerra marble and am completely fine with it. It gave us an extra 18 inches of island length.

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).