Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aumelle

Need help for my master bedroom with en suite

aumelle
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We're going to transform our attic space into a master bedroom with an en-suite. It's an inner city apartment with very limited space. Attached our initial idea but unfortunately we will have to move the toilet into the bathroom and leave the front dormer open.

The rear is an extension with a 2400 high ceiling. The bed is under the original pitched roof (so limited head space where the different robes/linen are).

I also attached a mock up of the new layout of the bathroom (2900 by 2300). We think this could work but we're not sure if we should make the shower wall and door glass or not (I tried to visualise the view from our bed into the bathroom with glass walls next to the plan mockup). Having it in glass will probably make the space feel more spacious (the view from the bathroom windows is very nice) but it could be annoying I suppose if one of us wakes up in the night to go to the toilet and then have light shining through the glass wall.

We do normally go to bed at the same time so this doesn't have to be a major issue. Would love to get feedback on both the layout as well as glass walls vs normal walls. I found another en-suite with glass wall example here: https://www.houzz.com/photos/alfriston-road-contemporary-bedroom-london-phvw-vp~25731112

Please note the bath will probably be used more by our (small) kids than us, our other bathroom has only a shower and is tiny.

Comments (5)