0
electropopbaby

Found lovely mirror/shelf on Craigslist! Now- what do I do with it?

electropopbaby
October 27, 2015

Okay, so I was browsing Craigslist and stumbled upon this beautiful shelf/mirror on sale for $20! I couldn't help but feel I was getting this mirror for a steal! The hard part is figuring out what I'm going to do with it. We're renovating our house and I thought I might be able to squeeze it into our powder room and use it as a vanity, but there's no way...it's much too large for that. What do you guys think of me using it in my large walk in closet in the master bedroom? Perhaps I can use it to display perfume bottles and what-not. Am I crazy for thinking this old thing is absolutely amazing? Oh, and I was thinking of re-finishing it; do you guys think I should, and if so- what kind of finish?

Any help is appreciated!

I swear my photos don't do it justice...it's massive and I love it.

House Updates · More Info

House Updates · More Info

House Updates · More Info
The last photo is kinda just a size reference.

Charles Neal Interiors

Refinishing it would be awesome! I'm seeing an aged kind of brush stroke look as a opposed to a glossy stain job. This piece would look so good in a foyer over a console table! Good luck on that eclectic piece :)

• electropopbaby

Ugh, you're so right! I love that idea! Unfortunately, where that piece stands in the photo is our very tiny foyer...she simply will not fit!

Thank you for the suggestion, though! Please let me know if you think of anything else. :)

• Irene Morresey
    Yes it would look good in a foyer, or perhaps a headboard, it would look refinished then again distressed would look good, depends what you have in your home. Some inspiration, though different from what you have, but gives you the idea. I love your find and especially so cheap, good on you
  • Irene Morresey
    What about over fireplace, if you have one
  • Susan Davis

It looks like the top of something so to look really in proportion I think you need to put it over something.

In your kitchen over base cabinets.

On a wall in kitchen to hold your everyday dishes

In a laundry room again to hold supplies

A plant stand in the Family Room

Over your bed

Any wall can take this piece and you can determine if you want to display or organize and store!

It also looks like it could be hung in either direction with mirrors on both top and bottom so you have the option to flip it.

Refinish in white or black for drama.