Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tonyschwaller

Customer standing Seam roofing selection question.

tonyschwaller
11 years ago
I have a client in Wisconsin who is shopping for a metal roof. We have ruled out many painted metal finishes. What product was used for this white Hall, Maryland home project? Nicely done!
Tony Schwaller, Paceline Construction. Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin.
Hutchins Mill · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Southfen Residential Construction
    11 years ago
    Tony,
    This is a copper roof. For a weathered gray look, galvanized steel is nice but I'm sure you know over time (if the galvanized coating wears) it will need some maintenance. Zinc is an option but if your client can afford copper it is by far the best looking and lasts 2 generations. Best, Dave
  • tonyschwaller
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks For the response Dave,

I'll have to figure out my notifications on this app so I can see replies and reply back sooner.
    My client can definitely afford copper but I haven't been able to find the right images showing a patina like this to get him exited about copper though it has been suggested. We've looked at lead dipped copper and zinc. I'll share this gallery with him. Thanks for sharing this!
  • PRO
    Southfen Residential Construction
    11 years ago
    Good luck. it sounds like a great project. All 3 options are excellent roofs that will last for generations.
  • cubana
    10 years ago
    What is the name of the stone and what color of metal roof was used?. We are having a house built in Texas and I'm struggling with what stone and metal roof to go with. We don't like the really light stones. We would like something like what you show here. Our house will be all stone so we don't want something that will look too busy and we would like a silver,gray or zinc metal roof. Any suggestions?
Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor