0

How to fill extra floorspace in an open concept home?

Debbie Comerford-Lalonde
last modified: November 17, 2015

Hello, we are living in an open concept home . I have created a sitting area around the fireplace with a loveseat, couch, ottoman and chair on a neutral rug but there is still a big gap of open floor space in behind and thinking someone must have a great idea on how to fill it or arrange furniture to lessen it. We recently tried angling the love seat to use up some of it

My sister is getting rid of 2 leather club chairs and would love to use them somehow whether in the sitting area or in behind in a separate seating arrangement. In the photos you .can see the view from beside fireplace looking thru to kitchen, then the open space and the sitting area around the fireplace. The patterned rug is at my front door . Small walls are closet and walk in pantry (from the kitchen) We currently have an armoir and small computer table in the area but either can be moved elsewhere. Is there somekind of program one can use to place furniure to see how it would look? Thanks in advance