Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nukiegirl

Need sugestions for the front makeover of my home to match my new back porch.

nukiegirl
11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
My ideas so far is to replace siding with stone and put a ss chrome metal roof. The window above the door will be replaced with French Doors and the middle window will be raised up so we can have a small porch extend to the garage. A bay window will be replacing the window above the garage. A 2 or 3 ft roof about 2 ft above the garage will extend across the width of the house. Any suggestions or sketches are appreciated. Thank you.

Comments (11)

• nukiegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    The picture above is the back porch. I will attach the other pictures that didnt post the first time.
  • nukiegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Winter time looking out from the kitchen window
  • nukiegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Here is the front of the home. Green Awning are gone. Garage door is currently white.
  • jeffski
    11 years ago
    what kind of stone were you considering?
  • nukiegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I like the grey,taupe colors. Would like the railing to match the back porch.
  • nukiegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    wow in 2 days only 1 comment. Wonder why I cant get anyone to give me ideas?
  • nukiegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you Ironwood. I just thought maybe someone had better ideas for our use of space. The front of the home is just a plain Jane. Yes I have read plenty of posts and have really enjoyed all the ideas even if I didnt always agreed, Do you have any suggestions for what brand of window and French Door we should buy. The house is only 16 yrs olds and we have all Marvin Windows which Im not very happy wih so that brand is out for the 2 new ones. Thank you
  • PRO
    Ironwood Builders
    11 years ago
    I have installed many windows and consistently come back to Marvin. We recently had a very large sliding door malfunction. I sent a carpenter out to trouble shoot it and he came back saying that the install was bad...but we had done the install and I was really certain we didn't mess up. But it wasn't working, so I called my window and door guy and asked for a Marvin service tech to come out and tell us what we had done wrong. He came out...and told us that the door had warped. It was too big...but Marvin took responsibility and sent out a new door..and installed it for us. The other guys just hand us a window and tell us to get to work....for free. That was my first call back in 25 years of using Marvin products. Pella is another good manufacturer. I used to use them a lot, then they started their own window stores and my regular guys weren't on the job....The canned all the guys that had seniority...got rid of their brain trust on windows. Still decent product though. Not a fan of most others. Anderson is expensive and well...cheap. Weathershield is not good. Loewen is OK. Sorry you dislike Marvin...I think they are the best.
  • nukiegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    My home is steel framed (so it never settled) and most of my windows are stationary since I dont like screens blocking my riverview. I have a 48 high by 30 wide ( just guessing it is 1 pane) in my bedroom and the window never did open smoothly. I have to go outside on the deck and push it to click to finish cranking it closed. But maybe if I order from them they will fix my problem since I have 23 of theirs in my home. I may have to give them another chance based on your experience. TY
  • suezbell
    8 years ago

Adding a front porch would add curb appeal. Did you?