Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kippee

Experience with decor price.com??

kippee
8 years ago

Has anyone had experience purchasing through decor price.com in New Jersey? I was considering ordering some fixtures from them.

Comments (29)

• Laura
    8 years ago

I recently ordered a Kaldewei bathtub and Hudson Valley sconces from them, and am very happy with my experience. A glass shade on one of the sconces arrived broken, and within two days, a replacement was on its way. I was a little nervous about ordering from them, but took a chance on the tub since it was a great price and they had it in stock. Glad I did - I would recommend them.

kippee thanked Laura
  • kippee
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thank you Laura. I am considering ordering a light fixture and a Kaldewei oval soaking tub from them. It's off my original topic, but I am interested in which tub you ordered and it's quality.

• Laura
    8 years ago

You're welcome, Kippee - I ordered the Klassikduo 112; it was just installed and I haven't "road-tested" it yet. But I really love the tub - my GC and plumber were impressed, too. It feels very solid, finish is beautiful...has the "feel" of a cast iron tub without the weight.

On a side note, I had some questions about the product so I called the Kaldewei customer service line and found them to be very helpful.

I'm happy to post a photo if that's helpful.

• loves2read
    7 years ago

Laura could you update your tub experience...that brand is new to me and comes in size I would like. Interested in the quality of the finish...bath dog in tub at times...

• Laura
    7 years ago

loves2read, I am really happy with the Kaldewei - the finish seems very durable. While I haven't tested it with a dog, my (naughty) cat has been in and out of it a few times (without water!), and no issues with his claws damaging the finish. The bottom of the tub has an anti-slip material (small, inconspicuous dots), which is a nice feature. Because of the tub's material, it seems to hold the water temperature a lot better than our old acrylic ones did. Plus, it's nice and deep, which I love.

Prior to purchasing, I didn't know a lot about the brand, but was swayed by the material (don't love acrylic), style, cost and the fact that it was made in Germany. Hope that helps! Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Here's a photo:

• Sealarke Street
    6 years ago

Any new input on decorprice.com? Anyone else have experience ordering from them?

• kovidfaria
    6 years ago

Yes I purchased my whole house lighting fixtures and toilets from them and it was a pleasure. My total order was over 12k and I paid 50% deposit and gave them a schedule based on my contractors needs. They ordered everything, kept me posted on eta''s and stored items for me since I did not need them for 3 months. Then they shipped as per my schedule. Price was great but communication and after sales service was even better. You won't go wrong with these guys. I highly recommend them.

• khparsons
    4 years ago

Fraudulent use of my credit card! I used Decor Price for the 1st time July 1, 2019. I attempted to order via their website. I had to complete my purchase via phone after having my credit card "declined" due to the fact that I used my husband's name but my card. My bank declined the purchase. I tried a different banks card and then called and ordered with a Decor Price rep. Within 24 hours our card was fraudulently used or attempted to be used for purchases starting in New Jersey (Decor Price is in Hillsborough NJ), then Chicago, Wisconsin and California. These attempts have gone on for a week now from $300.00 to $1800.00 dollars. I called Decor Price and they assured me that they have a secure website and honest employees. I was attracted to their low prices but learned my lesson. I hope the items ordered do arrive as described.

Bottom line: proceed with caution with Decor Price. I am thankful to Citi Corp for recognizing suspicious purchases and being so supportive!

• I Luv Decorating
    3 years ago

I do not recommend Decor Price. I also had a problem with my credit card being fraudulently used within 24 hours of placing my order on Decor Price's website. I can't say that it was definitely them, but after reading the comment from the other person who had the same issue, I wonder if it was them. After I placed my order, I waited a week and never received a shipping confirmation. I e-mailed them and they said it would be another week before they sent me the light fixture. Then, that week went by and they sent me an e-mail saying that the light fixture arrived to them from the manufacturer wet and damaged. They didn't even offer to get another to send to me. They said they would refund me. It's been almost two weeks and I have not gotten the refund on my credit card. I will not be purchasing from this company ever again.

• Monica Freedman
    3 years ago

Horrible experience, rude customer service. I do not recommend Decor Price.

• Kim DeLashmit
    3 years ago

Terrible company, limited return policy, very very overpriced. And they do not honor their online store credits which is managed offshore. I can't say enough to steer you away from them.

• revmckenney
    3 years ago

This company is awful. I got a complete run around from them that is too long and detailed to go into. They held up my remodel by a month by lying about shipping dates and availability. Check the Better Business Bureau for more horror stories. Save yourself an immense amount of frustration...don't do business with them!

• Jack Isreal
    3 years ago

Normally when you buy a lighting fixture online, it's shipped in the manufacturer's original packaging. The fixture I received from DecorPrice was repackaged, with little in the way of shock absorption materials, in an Amazon box. Consequently, the glass was broken. It took 3 emails, 2 calls, and over 4 weeks to get them to send me a replacement for the glass. Beware!!

• Stacey Lyn
    2 years ago

The worst company ever!

• Jan Scott
    2 years ago

I ordered two ceiling fans and down rods. I needed longer down rods so I requested to return. They told me that they down rods are not returnable. No where in their return policy does it state that. Run, do not walk away from this company.

• Lisa Sanders
    2 years ago

I recently bought 4 beautiful outdoor Hinkley lights. 2 for the front door and 2 for the garage.

I made an offer and they accepted. I had these lights in roughly a week. They were gorgeous! They beat local prices on top of no tax and no shipping charges.

Customer service was very helpful and prompt as well! I'll be ordering again! Go for it!!

Lisa Sanders

• PRO
    NV Luxe Interiors, LLC
    2 years ago

They are horrible. Recently ordered a light fixture from them and it came in a heavily damaged box. When reported, they said to open it and check for damages. It was so badly packaged. The light fixture was damaged itself. I sent pictures and several follow up emails, the response I received was to drop it off to their third party vendor who sent it. They wouldn’t pick it up. Had my assistant drive 45 mins to drop it off and I still haven’t received a refund.

• PRO
    NV Luxe Interiors, LLC
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Also wanted to share that because I posted this honest review, they decided to post a negative review on my company page here on Houzz.com. So unprofessional and a complete waste of time. I did finally receive a refund after dropping off the item personally and calling the company again to issue the refund. It was certainly a process.

• bettyann50
    last year

Do not buy from this vendor! Will not accept a return. Will not respond to the BBB. Shut out of luck.

• salonva
    last year

oh boy. I was just looking at prices for a certain light I am considering. Most places have it for just over $400, a few have $380 and then I saw Decorprice had it for $280. I checked scam-detector which explains that ti's a legitimate website. It does say to look for reviews, and when I did, it brought me to good ol' houzz.

I guess you all saved me some money and aggravation. Thank you

• wholenewmom
    8 months ago

I just used them to get a price match from a local store. The store messed up re: the item being in stock so I went back to Decor Price and asked about shipping times. The owner (likely) said that I could just order online after answering my questions. He seemed nice enough. I had screenshotted the price at 3 min 'til 5 b/c it dropped again to 120. At about 5:20 while seeing if Lowe's could price match and get it to my home quicker, I went back to Decor Price's site and he had moved the price up to $172!! What nonsense!

• disstreseddeb
    6 months ago

This company is a scam to try to get into your computer. DO NOT check the box "Allow Remote Shopping Assistance" on your "Edit Account Page" on their website. They do not process returns -- they sent me the wrong ceiling fan --and I have gotten nothing but a royal run-around trying to return it. The "Hassel Free Returns" is a big fat lie. I'm stuck with this expensive fan now. I think they try to make you so frustrated that you'll allow them "to see what you see" by giving them remote access to your computer. And, I think that's the whole point of this company.

• Kelly Campbell
    4 months ago

Very displeased, ordered whole house of lights but received one broken, one scratched, one the wrong color and one never came. I ordered august 20- it’s Nov 1-almost 100 emails later and I still don’t have my lights fixed or returned.

• lalindaj
    4 months ago

Review from 2023:

After reading the reviews here I was very reluctant to place an order. However, their prices were so good I had to try. I placed an order for some of the items I needed to "check them out".

The order was shipped the same day, arrived a few days later and everything worked.

I then placed another order a few days later. Same thing, except this time only part of my order was shipped per the email notification. Concerned there was an issue I contacted them and was told it was being shipped, just from another location. Very prompt and courteous reply to my concern. All items were timely received.

Then I placed another order. Same great products and service as the first two times.

To be honest, their customer info/order page could be improved in looks and functionality, BUT it did provide enough info to know what was going on so that is not an issue at all. Their speed, quality and communications (from order placement to shipping) was top notch.

Another bonus is that they have a no-cost rewards program. I didn't know about it until they confirmed my order and it was definitely a nice surprise.

BTW, I do not work for them. I had never heard of them before when I stumbled across them when doing a search. I will be ordering from them again.

• ashleymariestinson
    19 days ago

wish I'd read these reviews before ordering, this place is AWFUL! stay away

• PRO
    Designer Lighting and Fan
    19 days ago

this is in response to Ashely Stinson review below. You did not buy on Houzz so we could not find your record. However when you posted on Google, we figured you placed order on our website. Ashley, Please do not lie. You placed order on Feb 20th and on Feb 23rd we told you item would ship by March 1. We did not hear anything from you till Feb 28th when you stated you wanted to cancel. By then, item was picked and labelled and ready for UPS to pick up. We could not cancel and told you so. You do not want to pay the return shipping so you trying to post negative reviews. Now you are going on Google and Houzz and everywhere else bcos you want to avoid paying return shipping.

• ashleymariestinson
    19 days ago

wow, calling me a liar is uncalled for and a complete lack of professionalism. Yes, I requested the cancelation on 2/28 on the basis that the item wouldn't be shipping until early March:

Thank you for shopping with us. We wish to inform you that item Generation Lighting 8313902EN3-12 is under production and estimated to ship by early March.

Regards,
    Max

• PRO
    Designer Lighting and Fan
    19 days ago

Its not lack of professionalism. its the truth. See attached screenshot file from your review. you stated 3 weeks backorder whereas we stated 5 business days. You even got the item delivered in less than 3 weeks.

You said we can cancel and we acknowledge weddid. however we emailed you on Feb 23rd that item would ship early March and you emailed us on Feb 28th to cancel. it was too late to cancel since item was picked, and labelled for UPS/Fedex to pick up. All we told you is to ship the item back at your cost and you lost it and started posting bad reviews.

Just for the record we stated March 1 to ship and item shipped . Fedex tracking 271513245595. Shipped on Feb 28th and Delivered March 1 with picture for proof of delivery.

you placed order on Feb 20th and our mistake was communicating to you on Feb 23rd that item would ship early March and actually shipping it on Feb 28th. Sorry for the lack of professionalism!